D40 Upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilalry

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just purchase a pretty stock 2013 Auto D40 ST! I'm looking to do some mods witch will just generally improve the longevity of the motor, decrease fuel consumption and increase power.

I've done a fair bit of reading, but I'd like the opinions of you guys! So far i have blanked the EGR valve and swapped to a k & n filter.

This is what i have also seen i should do

- Catch Can
- Exhaust with a less restrictive DPF filter
- Hot pipe
- Cold pipe
- throttle controller.

Anything i have missed, or do's and don'ts?

Thanks!

Ryan

The K&N is no good in the scrub, they let dust through and the oil on the filter will interupt correct flow of the MAF sensor. Apart from that your on track.
Cheers

Hi All,

Just purchase a pretty stock 2013 Auto D40 ST! I'm looking to do some mods witch will just generally improve the longevity of the motor, decrease fuel consumption and increase power.

I've done a fair bit of reading, but I'd like the opinions of you guys! So far i have blanked the EGR valve and swapped to a k & n filter.

This is what i have also seen i should do

- Catch Can
- Exhaust with a less restrictive DPF filter
- Hot pipe
- Cold pipe
- throttle controller.

Anything i have missed, or do's and don'ts?

Thanks!

Ryan

Ditch the throttle controller, waste of time and money go for an ECU remap

The K&N is no good in the scrub, they let dust through and the oil on the filter will interupt correct flow of the MAF sensor. Apart from that your on track.
Cheers

Yeah i have still kept the original filter for when i go bush!

Cheers guys

Anyone had any experience with getting rid of the DPF filter?

G'day mate , I've got the same model nav and have everything on mine that you want except for the cold pipe. I'm getting around the 7.5 to 8.2 litres to the 100 now with 265/70r17 tyres . By the way I love my throttle controller I reckon it was money well spent and the hot pipe and the redback exhaust ..... damn it I love it all .:tazzy:

wow i'm not getting anywhere near that, i'm above 10, and i drive like a grandma!

how much of the exhaust did you change?

G'day mate , I've got the same model nav and have everything on mine that you want except for the cold pipe. I'm getting around the 7.5 to 8.2 litres to the 100 now with 265/70r17 tyres . By the way I love my throttle controller I reckon it was money well spent and the hot pipe and the redback exhaust ..... damn it I love it all .:tazzy:

That's outstanding fuel economy for a YD25.
Cheers

Removing the DPF won't improve longevity. It won't improve fuel economy unless you remove it completely and replace the sensors (send a PM to auggie on this forum) and even then the improvement shouldn't be huge because in real terms the DPF doesn't use a lot of fuel in normal operation - it's really noticeable when something goes wrong, and quite expensive, but normally it's not bad.

7.5 to 8.2 litres per hundred on my car would only be possible if I had mine tilt-trayed for half its life. That's wonderful economy, I'd love to know how to achieve that (specifically, which exact components, how much throttle, cruise RPM. all that).

Not really sure how I get that mileage , but before all that I was getting around 9.5 to 10 when it was stock . I only do about 100 ks a day and mostly freeway or decent roads with a small weight in the back say 100 odd kilos . Freeway speed is 100 to 110/115 at around 1800/2000 rpm . I don't drive like a dipstick ( well not all the time ) and only have a bullbar . Towing our camper I still get around 10 to 11 per hundred .

I changed the whole lot from the turbo back and run a sports muffler . A 3'' unit from redback exhausts . :3gears:

Latest posts

Back