DIY YD25 EGR Blanking Plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if only this guide was up few weeks back would have saved me time.. still thanks for sharing.. i did same thing. except i used high temp gasket that doesmt say its sensor safe. so i removed it and re done the gasket part with sensor safe gasket just to be sure

will this mod effect warranty??

if engine blows up and nissan finds out. yes it will. just remove the plate if anything goes wrong might be caused or nissan might think its caused by plate. remember they will do anything to avoid the warranty

The service manager at my local nissan dealer told me to put one in my last D40,
his words were "if you havnt already blocked the EGR then do it as soon as you can, we dont do it for obvious reasons but its a good idea."

Me " im glad you said that cause its already been done"

Basically i think most of them know that the mod helps the engine way more then it causes problems and as in some countries they dont even have one from the factory, so its only purpose is for pollution reasons.

Having said that, if you were to have a problem and you dont know the service team that well it is probably better to be safe then sorry and just take it out, after all its only a 15min job if that

Cool my next mod, might do it this week

OK mine is done now, thanks for the inspiration and how to.

All good no problems, have noticed my Navara is easier to get off the line

now and maybe a touch more responsive. Will be doing a few towing

kilometres this week end so am looking forward to seeing if I notice a

difference.

Murray:redcool:

Great guide with easy to understand pics, this should be made into a sticky for the d40 engine page would help alot of people, mods??

another sticky for Nathan
well done mate
I might add the process is almost the same for a d22

Very informative piece mate.. Sounds quite easy.
I have a 2013 d40 ST, thinking of putting a egr blanking plate in. Would I need to drill holes into it? Or just put a blank one in and see if the computer picks it up? Thanks in advance

No need for a hole in the plate , have done my 2013 d40 , no check engine lights .
Only side effect has been better fuel economy .
Ordered my plate from uk for it was cheapest

My Navs a zd30 and the egr is sorted, but someone should try the obvious and just pull the plug on the egr valve itself so it won't open. May cause the CEL to come on but we'll only know after someone tries it.

My Navs a zd30 and the egr is sorted, but someone should try the obvious and just pull the plug on the egr valve itself so it won't open. May cause the CEL to come on but we'll only know after someone tries it.

Been tried many times, does throw a CEL.

There is a way of disassembling the valve unit and removing a link which makes the motor still operate but the valve does not actually open. I think I saw it on one of the South African Navara forums.

Latest posts

Back