How do I know if I have a lift kit??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piottn

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I've bought a second hand D22 and I wanna get a suspension lift. But looking at pictures of other stock D22's I have a feeling mine might already have a lift kit! Does anyone know what the standard guard clearance is on factory tires? Or How else do I know if its been lifted yet?

Check the rear springs. If they are 2 longer leaves with 2 shorter leaves then that is standard . Shocks you can tell much easier just by looking at them

Hope im right haha

stock they sit about 730mm and 740mm (front and rear) from the bottom of the wheel to the top of the guard.

note: I said wheel not tyre :)

Is that on a stock 16 inch rim? I've been meaning to check my heights to see if my suspension has sagged at all over two years. I've got 15 inch rims, sooo with 2 inch lift mine should be around about 770mm from bottom of rim to guard?? Taking into account less distance for the smaller rim...

yea that was on my 06, the stock suspension was saggy as a 70 year old pair of tits though, so I had my mechanic wind the torsion bars up but the idiot wound them to much now the front sits higher than the back... I cbf fixing it though it can just sag back down again.

yea that was on my 06, the stock suspension was saggy as a 70 year old pair of tits though, so I had my mechanic wind the torsion bars up but the idiot wound them to much now the front sits higher than the back... I cbf fixing it though it can just sag back down again.

Winding down is so easy. U don't even need to jack the front up. Just loosen the locking nut, turn the main bolt a few spins, do the same on the other side. Measure the drop and then when happy just tighten the locking nut. Seriously a 5 min job.

I'm pretty sure my rear has sagged, but I just moved house and I can't find my recordings from when I installed it. I'd like to see if EFS would put in a new pair of leafs as they are covered by a 3yr 100000km warranty (I think)

i have the same deal. bought my ute about a month ago. has old man emu nitro shocks but seems everything else is standard. a mate has a d22 with stock suspension but with 265/70s compared to my cookie cutter 255/70s, both with stock 16s, and my ute is definitely at least an inch higher.

Latest posts

Back