dash lights and tail lights dont work.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeymagic77

Reaction score
Hi all,

my dash lights sometimes turn off and stay off for a while then sometimes turn back on.. just got told by another vehicle that pulled up next to me at the lights that my tail lights are not on either..

dash works like tacho and rev.. headlights and hi beams too

im kinda clueless.. anyone had this happen to them?:love sign:

cheers.

I'd check the fuse first. Tail lights and dash lights are on the same circuit. It might be a dodgy connection on the fuse.

Could be fuse or switch... It's one of the fingers in the headlight stalk switch. Clean the contacts and reset the preload of the finger spring. For general troubleshooting, that whole ILL circuit is wire coloured pink with a blue trace.

thanks so much i sent it off to a recommended mechanic to service it and give it the once over since the old mate i bought it from did a dodgy on the roadie sigh..

how do i reset the preload on the finger springs Dion?

thanks so much guys!

thanks so much i sent it off to a recommended mechanic to service it and give it the once over since the old mate i bought it from did a dodgy on the roadie sigh..

how do i reset the preload on the finger springs Dion?

thanks so much guys!

The switch is a known issue, but usually the headlights fail first. For some reason, there is no relay for the headlights, so the whole current travels through the switch. Might be worth replacing the switch with a new one, and adding in relays for the headlights while you're there.

hi guys!

love u all long time! worked great!..

had a pw issue on the forum so i could not reply earlier!

thanks guys so much! could finally drive home in the dark yayy

Latest posts

Back