20,000km 1year Log Book Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cessa

Reaction score
G'day all
Well my ute is now due for it's service, called around a few dealerships and they are all asking $527 for the fixed service charge.

Dont know about you but $527 for an oil and filter change is a bloody joke?
Is there anything i'm missing here?

Has anyone done this and were there any software upgrades performed?

I understand the warranty thing, but if your using the correct oil and filter plus perform the routine checks the mechanics do, what is the issue????

It does sound rediculous.

Shouldnt have much to do on a new car.
May as well drive an old car at those prices because your not going to save much on servicing.

Seems like car manufacturers are getting better and better at planned obsolescence too.

Does the Np300 have 20 000k/1 year now instead of 10 000k/6 month?
I have heard of Merc' diesel vans having the longer servicing period but havent heard much about the new Nav.
Have a look at your service book, is that all that happens for that service interval?
I took my d40 to a local and trusted mechanic for my BIG 40 thousand service in which Nissan wanted something like $1500 for. I had everything done there - Diffs, gearbox & engine oils. All the filters as well as the cabin ones. Everything checked and he used all genuine Nissan gear for a little over $550.
As long as the business is registered and the book is stamped there shouldnt be an issue with warranty

That's how much it cost me to do the 100,000 KM service on my d22 when I got it second hand. Your car is brand new. That's quite a ripoff.

Just another thought. Buying new you should have been given some free servicing

Usually with new cars, they provide capped service.. only on rare promotions they might throw in a free service

Unfortunately my deal didn't include free servicing.
It is now a 12mth service or 20000km.
But never the less, still charging $500 for an oil change and visual checks is just crazy.

Wanted to find out if anyone has had this done at a dealer and if there were any software upgrades to be done which will be my main focus.

Find an independent mechanic and you will pay half that price! I payed $234 for my 20K service. It's oil, filter and replace washer. That's it! They do not even replace the fuel filter.

Usually with new cars, they provide capped service.. only on rare promotions they might throw in a free service

Capped price servicing isnt any better if you know what's going on.
Every 20thousand service will be $550 say and then Every 40thousand service will be $1100
Doesn't matter if they take 15 minutes or 15 hours

Missing are a bloody joke with their service costs
I supply oil to my local mechanic and he changes it and supply's filter and does a very detailed inspection- and notes everything down for $100
Yet to do a 40000km service but he says it won't be much dearer if I supply oils

Thanks guys. What I hate is I can do the services and inspections myself but have to have a certified mechanic sign the books.
The only think a mechanic cant do is the software updates to which I will need to go through Nissan to get done?

doesn,t the D23 have caped price servicing ? my 2015 D22 has a 3 year capped service price and i think the 20 k service is $200 odd.

The d23 does have a capped price service that is currently set at $527 for the 20k service. Maximum capped service is the 60k service at $700 plus dollars. Couldnt remember exact figure.

As for an ecu retune and a software upgrade, the upgrade may remove the engine remap pending on the upgrade. If i were to get an ecu remap, i would make sure the supplier will remap it free as part of the purchase should a manufacturer software upgade affects it.

The Renault ecu will restore factory settings once a update is applied. Until you get the all clear from the tuners working on it don't upgrade yet. The tune that is..

Well I ended up getting the ute serviced at a dealer. first real service, just wanted to make sure all was good to their specifications.
It took 2.5hrs to change the oil and perform the inspections. When finished, I asked if there were any software updates performed, they said no. I questioned as to why, A brand new model, 12mths down the track and not 1 update - VERY LAZY by Nissan or very strange to say the least.
They also said that they will drop the service price down $140 because they didn't have a cabin air filter on hand to replace - seriously, no filter on hand and $140??? bloody hell.

3rdly I asked about the fuel gauge issues both on the software front and the sender front, no mention. He says that he routinely attends the nationwide meetings with Nissan and this isn't mentioned as being a problem.
He recommended in taking pictures whilst it occurs, even at the bowser to show fuel usage, and fuel remaining etc and send it to him or Nissan direct to indicate that customers are actually having real problems on this front.

Latest posts

Back