Fan Belt Change YD25 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Did a belt change and got asked if i could do a small thread to help the guys/gals out that need it. So here it is. I'll list part numbers aswell for Gates/Dayco Top Cog Belts

You will need belts list below:

2 X 13A1040
1 X 13A0900
1 X 13A0775

1x Small Aerosol of Belt Grip(optional)

Tools List
Socket set containing 12mm socket, extension bars, ratchet.
Ring Spanners
Crc or WD40
Hammer
Long Screwdriver or rod to use with hammer

First Step:
Remove Bashplates from underneath car to show the bottom pulley. I had Genuine Nissan Steel Bar and you only need ot remove front protection plate from bar.

Second Step
Undo all tensioners

Power Steering

Alternator
Requires the locking bolt to be undone and the tensioner bolt

Last edited by a moderator:
Airconditioner Tensioner
This is the tensioner puller thats requires you to access from underneath

Step Three
I found you needed to spray a small amount of CRC or WD40 to loosen the tensioners so they move a little more freely. Try not ot get any on the pulleys. Use a hammer and bar/screwdriver to negotiate the tensioners loosen the belts. You will need to undo the tensioner bolts almost completely to allow the belts to come off easily

Step Four
Remove all belts and install new belts. Starting from the Back(closest to engine) the belt codes are Aircon - 13A0900, Main Engine - 13A1040, Power Steering - 13A0775.

Step Five

Tension all belts up starting from the Aircon belt and working forward. Allow about 5mm play either way on the belt. So when you pull it up and down allow 5mm either way from its centre line. You will need to retension in about 1000kms anyway.

This is where i had issues once i started the car up i STILL had a squealing Aircon Belt so i had to resort to the CRC Belt Grip, but i only used a very small amount of spray. It fixed the squeal which was from a previous oil change where i accidentally spilt some oil ove rthe belts.

Just a picture showing the old and new sitting together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back