aircon leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent Naudi

Reaction score
i must have had an aircon leak for a couple years now but being lazy i never got it fixed and just put up with the hot car trips, now i got it re-gassed before christmas and it was all sweet, mind you i wasn't aware of an actual leak just thought it had run out a long time ago.. and so as of late it just wasn't getting as cold. so i got the bloke who re-gassed it to come out and have a look, he said yep you've got a small leak and checked in the engine bay and front of car for any signs and couldn't find any so he thinks its under the dash.
i took off the glove box and had a look but can't seem to be able to pull the black box apart without breaking the foam seals on either side stuck to the top and bottom half of the box?
had anyone has any success in getting into there without making a meal of things to check for any signs of a leak? tia

I've had a bit of a squiz and I reckon it would be a dash out job unfortunately .

sounds abit hard to beleive you have this leak this early in the life of your 2012 model. was the main valve checked for leakage ? this valve is the filler valve and its the same as a tire valve with a black screw on cap , remove the cap and do the wet finger test to see if a bubble pops, if you understand what i mean.

sounds abit hard to beleive you have this leak this early in the life of your 2012 model. was the main valve checked for leakage ? this valve is the filler valve and its the same as a tire valve with a black screw on cap , remove the cap and do the wet finger test to see if a bubble pops, if you understand what i mean.
I've had all sorts of zircon issues, the blower motor failed on me within a year or two and was replaced under warranty.
i understand what you mean but currently there is no gas in the system whatsoever...

Latest posts

Back