My D21-SD25 fuel consuption test

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree dedicated highway 11-12l/100kms is seeming to be the average on the sd2.5 if only my td2.7 was as polite to sip at the diesel the thirsty B$#@H or is it my aggressive hill run ups lol

D21-Dx2.7D

Good Morning to you,

As for running at hills, If I can see around corners, and see a Hill approaching
I Pedal like all the Demons of Hell are after me, and drop down to Top Gear
and so far I can outrun them LoL,

I rescued this old beastie from being a Paddock Ute and she runs like a dream, My Wife obsolutely Hates It, and I bought it to pull our small Caravan only, and being retired now I have
no reason to hurry where ever I go, and I roar with laughter at faces I see waveing fists at me when we move off at Traffic lights, and they can only follow me, while on the open roads
she is more like an old "Corvette", and travels along full of Her own importance, Her Dash burn't out and I completed building Her a new one Yesterday!

So, today is another Test run day for me and Her, {ute} while the Wife watches "Days of our lives", and the Dog is made to watch also, as I drift into the shadows of the days,
I just love driving Her, and before you say so, I know this is childish behavior from a Grown Man but thats how it is, so, Best of luck
with your DX2.7D, If she is Happy with your driving, she will talk to you as well, so give her a chance!

Best of all to you!

highway Man!:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Caravan Consumption Test

Hi folks,
I am at it again, On Anzac day I took the caravan out and towed it 122 Klm's and
used 15 litres of diesel, your Online calculator showed me it returned 12.29 litres
per 100 klms travelled over mixed Terran, Hills Highway's, Hills and Raining like a Bast*%d, or 8 Klms per litre!
No oil burn't at all.
Temp gauge steady at 170 degrees.
3 hours for full trip at the average speed of 75 Klm per hour!

Somewhat pleased!

highway man!:deadhorse:

That is good for a SD25, our newer ones have a lot more torque and a carefull driver can pull a good size van at a higher speed with good economy. I found wind to be the main issue towing, going into it you would use it bloody quick. I found my TD27 enjoyed sitting just over 90 towing, at 100-120 it drank like an old alcoholic.

Latest posts

Back