Light bar install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogfarmer

Reaction score
Hi

Installed an XTM light bar, put the relay and switch in and have it tuning on when the highbeams turn on.

Problem is when I turn highbeams on the headlight the light bar runs off switches off (passenger side). The headlight also just runs dull when on normal light.......

Anyone know what might be the issue here?

I'd start by double checking your wiring, especially the earth wiring. Did you buy a harness with a 3 pin plug to adapt it to the headlight circuit or did you make your own wiring loom? Sounds like a bad earth to me, so that's what I'd be looking at to start with.

Thank you, I'll have a look at the earthing.

I brought the wiring kit with the three plug that plugs into the back of the headlight.

Let us know how you go. If you remove the patch lead between the 3 pin plugs and plug the headlight back in directly does it work properly?

Let us know how you go. If you remove the patch lead between the 3 pin plugs and plug the headlight back in directly does it work properly?
Hey Bods thanks for your help I fixed it today.....changed the grounding 3 times and no luck so I then undid the connection from the OEM loom and the harness ...... straighted the prongs on the lighting bar harness and plugged it all back in after a little wipe down and working all good now.......

Thanks for all your help

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back