Tony's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is fantastic mileage tony. i have a set thats done approx 30k now and they still look new. there not a noisy tire and have great traction i have found, the standard Bridgestone duellers the navara come with are bloody crap . definetly 100% my vote for the Dynapros.

Tony, you have done so well to get those miles from those tyres. Well done!, but grab another set no need to milk the last few mm's out they have served you better than most. And many cannot correctly align a d22 or 40...

120k i think they've some there job, time to re-tyre them.
Tread wear isnt everything, dont want them to come apart on the highway.

Last night I replaced my reverse light switch as the lights were flickering, then stopped all together. 195 000kms.
I went in through the cabin.
Removed the driver's seat, console and gearshift surround metal and rubber plates ( couldn't for the life of me unscrew the gear knob), pulled a corner of the carpet forward, much quicker than ripping the bash plates off.

Reverse lights and rear camera are working again.
Happy days.

Got some new tyres today as the old ones were starting to let go in the wet and getting a bit noisy.
Can't complain with the old Dynapros clocking up 152 000kms with still 3mm to the wear indicators.
Replaced them with another set of Dynapros but found they have robbed me of 3mm tread.
The old ones had 15mm tread depth but the new ones only 12mm.
Still made in Korea with a date stamp of 10th month 2017 on all 4.
The shop had a deal with buy 4 and pay for 3, so happy days.

Soooo much quieter in the cab now and a totally different driving feel.

I had a new windscreen fitted yesterday. Issue was a stone chip probably about the size of a 10 cent piece overall. Apparently repairing the chip may have caused the screen to break.
Also found the reason why I had water come into the cab when parked on steep slopes with nose facing down. The polyurethane seal at the top left hand corner towards the centre was so thin there that water could find a way in.
Anyway, nice and clear now with an added bonus of a tinted section at the top of the screen.
Happy days.

Well it looks like my factory GS batteries are finally starting to die on me.
Getting slow and hard to start in the mornings.
Already got two new ones ready for install.
Not bad after nearly 8 years, but if you work it out, it still only lasts 3.5 years per battery.

I fitted a pair of Narva +120 globes this afternoon.
Can't wait to test them out in the morning.

Hey mate, just Cruz'n your build.. 120 globes?? Is that in the spotlights or the headlights? Putting high watt bulbs in your headlights can burn out "light/indercator stalks" ! Just say'n.

Oh and you can get short Stem H.I.D bulbs to fit the Narva spotlights, I did a set for mine when I first got it and they work a treat... easy klm beam
You can get the short bulbs and transformers on flea bay cheap...

In the headlights mate, been good for a good 4 years with zero issues to longevity and stalk melting.
Even the packaging warned that they will not last long due to their output but still going. So far lasted as long as the standard globes.
Not really interested in HID's, it's a bit of a peave to me when cars have them in headlights that are only meant for halogen globes, I have also heard that the light output isn't as good because of the lens.

Hey mate, just Cruz'n your build.. 120 globes?? Is that in the spotlights or the headlights? Putting high watt bulbs in your headlights can burn out "light/indercator stalks" ! Just say'n.

Oh and you can get short Stem H.I.D bulbs to fit the Narva spotlights, I did a set for mine when I first got it and they work a treat... easy klm beam
You can get the short bulbs and transformers on flea bay cheap...

you won't burn out the indicator stalk as the current draw from the headlights goes through a relay. the headlight switch and indicator stalk are in only a control for the relays!

As well as that, they are still only a 60/55w globe, they just apparently have 20 percent more light output than a standard globe...

As well as that, they are still only a 60/55w globe, they just apparently have 20 percent more light output than a standard globe...

That and they have a slight blue colour.
I went 90/130's in a Patrol I had. The light output was incredible but the headlight loom wiring started to melt haha.

you won't burn out the indicator stalk as the current draw from the headlights goes through a relay. the headlight switch and indicator stalk are in only a control for the relays!

Ok weird, d21 where bad for it "went through two" so I never tried the bigger 100W in the d22... god knows it needs the bigger W's eh

I'll, look into the 100w now.... what about these led bulbs? Ya na? Legal or not?

Not legal and as bad as the Chinese HID kits from eBay... If you want to do it at least half properly (not legally) the you need to fit projectors to them.

The bulb upgrade is a s good as you can get with the lenses we have on our utes. As Bods mentioned, a projector style headlight can work but the cost of new headlights and the chance of getting caught is pretty high. Not worth it it I reckon for what you get.

Latest posts

Back