Rear diff breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys ive only just come across this thread now. So mine being an 05 should have the front diff,transfere and gearbox breathers allready? Then I just need to extend the rear correct?

Hi guys,

I can't find where the breathers for 2010 D22 transfer, gearbox and front diff comes out into the engine bay. Can someone describe exactly where they come out or post a pic. Also is it def only the rear diff on the 2010 D22 that needs the extension.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I can't find where the breathers for 2010 D22 transfer, gearbox and front diff comes out into the engine bay. Can someone describe exactly where they come out or post a pic. Also is it def only the rear diff on the 2010 D22 that needs the extension.

Thanks.

Easy find mate, there is one on drivers side next to the power steering box and the other is on passenger side near the air filter box. It's just a piece of quarter inch pipe bent into a U shape.

Rusty

Easy find mate, there is one on drivers side next to the power steering box and the other is on passenger side near the air filter box. It's just a piece of quarter inch pipe bent into a U shape.

Rusty

Thanks heaps mate, I'm still a bit clueless with mechanics (slowly learning), found them easy now, I was looking for a piece of hose.

So I take it one's for the front diff and the other is for the joined transfer and gearbox?

The transfer and gearbox have there own breather.

The front diff one is in the engine bay to.

My 2006 D22 has a breather pipe next to the brake booster on the skirt and the other one is behind the air filter on the left skirt in the engine bay.

On a 2010 the transfer and gearbox are Connected, and are the ones near the steering column that are the bent tube. TThe Front diff breather is the one next to the airbox.

Just read through teh whole thread (at work) shhhhh!

great read.. if it wouldn't look suss I'd go check my diff now... better do it at home

cheers to everyone for the insight,
I'm guessin on my 2012 Jap build STR Iv'e only got to extend the rear, I'll look tonight

Just read the whole thread too, at home tho. Bugger, just realized I don't get paid to read it though like shan b. Looks like I have a job to do at the weekend. Thanks heaps everyone for the advice.

Hey
So iv got a 03 zd30 dx. Do I just have to do the rear or do it all?? And do you deco need the barb or can you not just leave it on the standard bung? Chears for the help.

Gday guys,
Is it true that the factory breather cap is double threaded? Attempted to fit 1/8 gas thread fitting for the length of hose and the thread would not fit on the rear diff. Any one else have a problem?

Have one if the billet race craft sets on the way - liked the little filter and mounting kit setup. Have a '12 d22 and will extend the rear.

However, these kits only come as a pair of 2 breathers - so my question is: which other hose do I swap into the new system with filter - gearbox or front diff? I'm inclined to think gearbox as it's permanently in use? Or does both diffs make more sens? Or do I leave sleeping dogs lie? I figure it would be better to have the filter in use rather than the stock bent piping? Interested to hear some informed opinions, cheers.

I've got a Navara 2006 D22.

The rear diff breather needed the extension.
Bought one from Nissan for $12.10 and the tubing 4mm x 5mtre for $17.50 from Clarks Rubber.

Was a cheap fix for the rear diff breather.
And please correct me if I'm wrong, but i think this is the only one that needed to be fixed.

15262093516_678a1f3fd1_z.jpg

Thanks guys. Just bought a kit from ebay to do this and will be getting it done probably next week when I get it. I checked last night and on my 06 I don't have extended breathers.. front looks good tho.

Thanks

Very easy mod. Bought $27 kit with pipe and airtight connections. Extended all the way to the engine bay. Happy with results. Anyone thinking of doing this, should do it.. worth it to avoid damage

Latest posts

Back