D22 YD25 Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Navmania. My mechanics started using the liqui moly products since i mentioned it to him. Hebuses the oil additives, cleaners, etc and rates them very highly. Ill be using some of the anti friction additive next weekend in its 5000 service. Might even give there oils a go. They are pricey though.

I have always used the Nulon additives for all oils and used their oil also but they don't do a economical fuel additive so the Liquid Molly might be the go. I have been using the fuel doctor in every tank but I don't know now wether I rate it due to how much of a difference the purge made. The fuel doctor should have prevented the troubles I was having.
Cheers.

The fuel doctor is designed to collect contaminants and keep them in the bottom of your filter bowl
It is not designed to eliminate the problem its a tool for effective managment and collection of moisture
It does however have an ingredient designed to kill the diesel bug, cheap insurance IMO

Cheers

Last edited:
Navmania. Spit on to what Sparra mentioned. Fuel Dr is designed as a different purpose by collecting moisture and breaking it up or making it heavy and putting it to the bottom of your filter for extraction later. Liqui moly as a cleaner out weighs the fuel Dr hands down no problems. I've actually stopped using fuel dr in my tanks. I'll carry it on remote trips to add then to catch the water but that's about it.

Rusty

Isn't the fuel doctor suppose to help with the cleaning of the fuel system as it goes also. I know it prevents the bug problems and help with water/condensation in the tank but I also thought it helped with keeping the injectors clean. Maybe I should read the bottle again.:)
Checked out the LIQUI MOLI website last night and they do a lot of products from full fuel system cleans, full oil system cleans, DPF maintenance. Oils and lubes look good also. Made in Germany also, so quality should be top notch.
Cheers.

Is there any particular reason u blokes are using a filter while doing the purge
I think it's just to stop any crud going back into the pump. If you are using an open jug it could be possible for something to be sucked in, dirt / sand etc. I think to as rusty has said the second time he did his the return line was showing signs of dirt, so I suppose it's a good idea to filter it out in the process.

I thought about that too.i think its incase its really purges some filthy shite out the return pipe..at least you wont recycle it..
Was wondering about my purge last night when i saw at the caltex vortex pump "our fuel cleans your engine"
Been useing caltex for a while now...mabee it makes a diffrence as my purge was quite clean

g'day rusty,

im going to give this a run when i fly home from work in the new year, just a quick Q.

did you use both 500ml cans in your purge? or just one?
seems it would take ages to burn a litre at idle? or am i wrong there?

cheers guys.

Just 1 mate. It took forever to burn 500ml so be patient. Remember you do need to give it some revs every now and then. I turned the heat switch on for 10minutes then idled for 10mins. Gave it a few kicks on the go pedal revving to about 3000rpm

Cheers

Thanks mate. I saw you had 2 cans and thought nah that can't be right, it would take yonks to burn,

Cheers for the reply! Will post results when I get home on leave.

Great write up, im curious as to why you chose to purge the system (add directly into fuel line system) rather than just add the liqui moly to the tank? Cheers

Works best when ran directly into the system.no dilution that way and full crud stripping effect..also thats what the instructions say.

Yep. The Liqui moly purge is instructed to be run pure. If your looking for a tank additive I would use the Liqui Moly Boost and clean which I also use and it works

I tryed to do this to my zd30 today . Car started then died in the ass wasn't picking up the diesel purge . Has this happens to anyone or am I doing it wrong :/

Billy

Sounds like it's sucked in some air. I would try to bleed out the air, get her running on diesel, then try the purge again, taking care not to get any air into the system.
I wonder if an outboard primer bulb in the line from the purge container to the injector pump would be helpful to prime it up before connecting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back