Do 22's fit straight on.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker

Reaction score
Hi fella's. Quick question please.
I know 20's fit on (hi JPMC) but has anyone fitted 22's (and a pic or to would be great). The dealer has kindly fitted a D40 wheel to the new NP for me so it's been confirmed my existing wheels will fit, but just wondered about any rubbing due to the wider width ?? I need two new tyres and would want to get the wheels refurbed so want to check before spending out.
Any info would be great. Thanks all.

Nick.

When I got my 20's I looked at 22's but was warned I'd need to put flares on. Even with the 20's it's touch and go to whether it requires flares. Although saying that it will also depend on the offset. Mine are 20 x 8.5 with 30mm offset. Most 22's are 9.5 with 35mm offset.

Attached pictures of 22's on an RX which has different offset (why because Nissan like to be difficult) so they won't stick out quite as much on a ST or STX.
425532127.jpg

425532096.jpg

425532057.jpg

If you go down that track you can get genuine Nissan flares for them, one the dealers over here has them on there demo ute and it looks quite smart.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, that's great. Just wondering if the new one has smaller flares than the D40. Never really looked at that.
This is my wheels on my old D40. .......

Spot on. The dealer did say I could take one in and we'd stick it on their demo to check it fits. Might do that.

Spot on. The dealer did say I could take one in and we'd stick it on their demo to check it fits. Might do that.

Just make sure it's the same model as you'll be getting. ie RX or ST/STX as I said earlier the RX's run a different offset (probably because of the leaf springs instead of the coils) and yes the factory flares are slightly smaller but looking at your picture I don't think you'll have to much problems.

For the life of me i have NFI why you would by a 4WD and put road going rims and tyres.... Still makes me PMSL when i see a 4WD with it done :wristy:

Nice to meet you too. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but wanker is a bit harsh. I was just asking the question. What a friendly forum.

Nice to meet you too. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but wanker is a bit harsh. I was just asking the question. What a friendly forum.

Sorry mate, It was a generalisation and I should not of said what I was thinking. It was not directed at you, just a comment and the wrong one.

I changed mine to 20" with AT tyres because over in NZ 20" AT tyres are actually cheaper than 18's.

Plus 75% of my running is on road. My 20's have just enough side wall to still be comfy offroad. (like yesterdays running around a coal mine in the wet sloppy dirt/coal dust slush.)

Latest posts

Back