Gauge Readings on Dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I have a D21 SD25 Diesel, None of my dash works bar the Clock, so, I am going to fit a set of After sales Dash Gauges,
Oil Pressure Gauge.
Water Heat Gauge.
Amp Metre Gauge.

The "Odometre" is showing 250650 Miles done!

Could you folks please give me an average guess at what Oil Pressure I could
expect from Her please, She starts quickly, with no smoke, and Idles nicely, but after many Years of gluing one Eye to a Gauge Board, I find I would like Her to
show me what she is doing as we travel along!
I am not long off going for a Tootle over to Kalgoorlie to see our Grandchildren
which is 371 Miles there and the same back to Home Port, Towing our one Ton Caravan, so you can see a gauge or two could make good reading as we Travel
along our way,
So , I'll thank you all in advance for any Guesswork you can supply me,

Best Regards,
Highway Man.

John.

I'll see if I can get a reading from my D40. Obviously a different engine but I'm sure oil pressures across similar capacity diesels should be about the same.

I recently asked about the oil pressure in a V6 Petrol Pajero that was getting down to 18PSI once it was warm, I was told 16 PSI to 30 PSI operating range was normal. Not sure how different diesel would be.

MattWij,
Thank you for your interest in my request, I will watch for your efforts to help out! Another thing, If I may, Where do I find the Oil Pressure outlet unit on Her Crankcase, can I reach it from above
looking down over Her, as I am some what restricted from investigating from underneath Her Skirts, She is Shy, and I was run over by a Forklift a lot of years ago and if I do get low enough for a look,
I cannot get up again without two Men to lift me up again!

regards Highway Man!

Last edited:
From memory, on the 3lt motors the oil pressure switch is located on the driver's side of the block. Easiest way to access it is the wheel arch. Whether the sd25 is in a similar location though, I couldn't say...

Oil Fitting

Good Morning Bods,
Thank you also for your suggestion, I will take a Peep and see what I can see,
and let you know so it is written so others can refer to the same if requierd in
their own projects
best regards,

Highway man!

I used to have a patrol with an sd33 in it, from memory the oil pressure switch was in roughly the same spot as that too... that was a while ago though, so I'm not completely sure anymore haha

Sorry, haven't jumped in the car in the last few days to take a look. If nobody jumps in with some figures on pressure I'll let you know what I'm seeing on mine next time I drive it, which will likely be Thursday.

Cant say much about where the switch would be, pretty different cars.

Bods you are right

I found the Oil Pressure takeoff right where you told me to look, Well done that man!,

Now to add futher to my request for average Oil Presures:

I have fitted a brand new Oil Presure Gauge to my Beastie, and she returns Cold start:= 40 Psi.
Hot Start= 60 Psi. and later settles on 40 t0 50 Psi al day long!

And new Water Temp Gauge reads, nothing until the Thermostat opens, then
It Reads :=200 degrees, and immediatly drops back and settles on a running temp of :=150 Degrees for the rest of my trip!

Pleased is what I am!

regards,
Highway man!

Good stuff. Glad that was easy. Those pressures don't sound too bad. If dion sees this post I'm sure he will chime in. He is the resident expert on d21s apparently haha

Latest posts

Back