Go Back   The Navara Forum > D40 > D40 General Chat

Door stuck shut
Old 17-03-2013, 04:44 AM

Default Door stuck shut

Hey guys got bit of a dilemma the rear drivers door stopped unlocking on outside which was ok as I just opened from inside but while I was away working the wife put child lock on so now the door won't open at all...
How the hell am I goin to open it now hahaha

Any help would be muchly appreciated
Sponsored Links

Old 17-03-2013, 04:52 AM

Garage

Jimmy bar.
Xrox Steel bar, 12,000lb Tigrez 11 winch with rope, IPF spotlights, 3" full Taipan exahust, Dual battery 2nd in tub, Anderson plug, tub liner, rear flood reversing light and rear switched high mount flood light, Uniden UHF, MOS head unit with Pioneer 6" front speakers, 32" Insa Turbo Sahara Mudies.

Old 17-03-2013, 04:53 AM
banned

If you can take some of the internal stuff off the door you might get access to the handle or child lock. The problem will be how much you can get off while the door is shut. I remember someone explaining to me the steps in removing the inner door panel ages ago and there was so many steps to it that I lost track before I finished reading it and gave up the job as a bad idea.

Have you got the manual, even the old model manual should give you an idea of how the internal door panels etc come off and you might be able to look at that and decide what you can get access to with the door shut.

Once upon a time in on cars breaking the outside handle was an option but I doubt it's that easy these days.

Old 17-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

i think you might have to sacrifice the door panel. the easiest thing to do might be pull the other rear door panel off to see how it comes off and what room, etc is in there. from there you will probably have to cut the other one from the inside in the right area to get to the release mechanism and open it...

if you can get the other one off easily and you reckon you can do the same with the stuck one, go for it... good luck

Old 17-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:

If you take the rear seat out could be good chance you will be able to get the trim off without damaging anything

Old 17-03-2013, 08:27 AM

Garage

Have a look at where the child lock is on the opposite door and then stick a screwdriver or bent bit of wire between the door and the cab from the inside and either push or pull the lever to release it.

NISSAN DIESEL D22 Series 1 DX QD32T
MODIFICATIONS: Garrett T25 Custom turbo,Oil Cooler, 3" straight through mandrel bent exhaust, 31x10.5 Muddies
ARB winch bullbar, ARB side steps & brush bars, IPF Spotlights, GME TX3100 80ch, 4mm aluminium bash plate (sump), 4.3T Winch, K&N Apollo Airfilter.
To Come: Bonnet Scoop, 4mm aluminum bash plate (transfer case), Some form of intercooler. 80 series air box. Body lift.

Old 17-03-2013, 11:12 AM
banned

I'm not sure you can get to the child lock from the outside (I can't remember where it is) and door rubber will probably be a stumbling point for the wire from the inside but door rubbers are probably the cheapest part around that area to replace.

If you can remove the door rubber some how it should give you enough room to use a piece of wire but that wire will need a hook on it I think because from memory the switch protrudes enough to just use flat wire.

Old 17-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

With the rear seat up and out of the way you might be able to hold the rubber seals back with a paint scraper or something and slip a coathanger in to flick the child lock.

My guess with the external door handle is that either the wire's disengaged or it's stretched to the point where it cannot disengage any more.

What happened to the central locking? You don't have a garage and there's no vehicle detail in your sig so I can't tell if you're driving an RX or an STX.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Old 17-03-2013, 11:28 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tony View Post
What happened to the central locking?
Wouldn't matter if something has happened to the central locking it wont have an effect on the door if the outside handle is broken and the child lock is engaged.

Old 17-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftyPg View Post
Wouldn't matter if something has happened to the central locking it wont have an effect on the door if the outside handle is broken and the child lock is engaged.
Yep. Now that I think about it, that was a stupid thing to think of.

Imagine in a car park, you press the remote and the doors fly open - be a nice stunt to catch the pensioners trying to sidle past your car scraping the shit out of the doors with their walking frames and artificial hips.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."