Help! Engine light on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know this is a bit long winded but here goes

2011 d22 navara, yd2.5, 85000km roo systems chip and exhaust, red top battery, erg blocked in,

I drove home from work this arvo, went inside for 1 hour, came back out to go get some dinner and the navara would not start, engine would turn over but not fire
After checking all the fluids, I decided to remove the roo systems chip, and after that it fired, but the engine light is on, I moved it off the driveway so I could use another car, I think it's lacking power but I only moved it 3 metres,

So far all I've tried is disconnecting the battery and turning ignition on, but that didn't do anything

I changed the oil and filter last week, and drove on the beach at stradie on the weekend no Problems.
Regularly clean air filter, change fuel filter every 10000kms, change oil every 5000, try to use bp ultimate
I the mornings went I first start it, the revs a little rough for a second after it sits there for a little bit,
15000kms ago I put 15w-40 in it for 5000ks, I normally put 5w-40 in it but got told by 2 people that I respect there advice from that it would be fine,

So if you read through to here, thanks in advance, anymore information that is required let me know, I might try the ecu reset sequence next if someone could post the link or I'll go looking for it

Hey mate. If you haven't got access to a scan tool that you can use to pull the code that has come up, I believe there is a procedure on here somewhere about bridging a couple of pins on the diagnostic connector and counting how many flashes the engine light does and that will give you the code.

If unplugging the chip got it started, it could be a fuel pressure code, but you really need to be able to check it to make sure...

Here you go, have a read through here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22580

Yeah, right... that's about right. You can get them from ebay a but cheaper, but they're still an expensive little sucker... has it been replaced already or are you still pricing them up?

Ok update, the suction control valve was changed and worked until yesterday, in heavy traffic, it died again, after pumping the fuel filter it made it to my brothers house on limp mode, i did the ecu reset and it worked for 2 minutes and did the same thing, it doesn't died jf the revs are up but when it idles it dies

Any updates Timbawbahouse? I put a Donaldson pre filter on 500- 1000km ago and have a solid red engine light on- drained the factory fuel filter, primed, refitted and started but got the engine light coming on solid again- very frustrating

Any updates Timbawbahouse? I put a Donaldson pre filter on 500- 1000km ago and have a solid red engine light on- drained the factory fuel filter, primed, refitted and started but got the engine light coming on solid again- very frustrating
What micron is the donaldson filter? You will probably need to get hold of a scan tool or someone that has one to check the codes and see what the problem is...

I think it's 10 micron, the tech support guy at Donaldson suggested a P551615 which filters down to the 3 micron level. Since posting I felt defeated and ordered a new OEM filter and sensor this arvo and unhitched a hired tandem axel stock trailer I had on the back (first noticed the problem when I hitched it up on Friday arvo ) and bugger me if the solid red engine light didn't go out. I have tried letting it sit there with the key out of the ignition and the trailer plug unplugged on Friday when it first happened but doesn't seem to make a difference..... Will monitor it while waiting for the new filter and sensor to arrive..... Strange????

Did you drive it without the trailer connected and it has gone out, or just started the motor? 10 micron is still pretty fine filtration along with the factory filter. You would have to see what sort of fuel flow rate the v9x has.. from looking at the donaldson site, the flow rate of that filter is 115lph from memory. If that is close to what the v9x flows, there's a very good chance that under high engine load it could be restricting the fuel system and the engine light is to indicate a "blocked" fuel filter... I wonder if the service manual has anything on fuel flow rate for that motor...

Make that the donaldson flows 114lph. I have a stanadyne fuel manager fm100 on my d22 which is rated 30 micron and flows up to 300lph, so the flow rate on that donaldson could very likely be your issue...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back