Top glove box on series 5?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I read the old thread asking if it was possible to put a top (as in a 2nd) glove box into a D22 & came away quite confused.

So here's the question; my series 5 & the series 5 that I had before this one both have a glove box at knee level on the passenger's side. Above that, there is a fascia & above that an air bag.

I've had a bit of a feel around under the fascia, through the actual glove box underneath it & to me, it feels like there is a glove compartment there, but that the front has been blanked off?

I'm quite happy to just have a shelf, without a front on it, if that's what's there. Has anyone taken the fascia off & had a look?

Looks like you get either the passenger airbag, or an extra glove compartment. Mine has a second glove compartment where the airbag goes.

ps.not sure what a series 5 is lol, but on my old '06 model it has no passenger airbag, instead it has a glovebox.

A series 5 is the last of the D22's sold in Aust.

They have both, a passenger air bag & an empty compartment below it, which looks like it should be a 2nd glove box.

It's a great Ute by the way! Every time I think of trading it in, I look at what I'd get for my money & quickly decide to keep it.

Yeah, the d22 are a solid ute. A bit under rated by many I think. Mine has had a thrashing and it doesn't seem to bother it lol.

What I like is that I just point it & it goes where it's pointed, without any dramas. I've driven them along the Gibb River Road, the Oodnadatta/Strz/Birdsville tracks, Mt. Dare, Dalhousie, Chambers Pillar, Old Ghan track, Mereenie Loop, old Jim Jim Rd, Savannah Way, Arkaroola, Cameron Cnr, Warri gate, Hungerford, Betoota......... they lap it up!

I think their simplicity is their strong point.

Latest posts

Back