Upgrading intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Any one done it to the 2.5?
Which kit and where did you get it?

Worth the coin? ( Around 1500$)

Worth it over all?

Mike, are you referring to the Top Mount Intercooler or the Front Mount. ?
if its the top mount i do like the ForeFront Industries Cooler, thats the one i would go for when my stockie starts to break down.

The forefront front mount is a little over $400 and is said to be 30% larger. I think with the solid sides instead of plastic it wouldn't be a bad idea at all

I've considered a more efficient radiator because keeping the engine cool when towing is sometimes a struggle with some of the hills we try climbing (Mt Ousley, Mt Victoria, Thunderbolts Way, Cunninghams Gap, Alpine Way just to name the worst we've hauled a caravan up).

I've not considered an intercooler, but then I'm not chasing more power. If I was spending money looking for more beans, I'd probably look in this order:

1) Diesel gas
2) Chip (done after the gas so it's tuned for the gas)
3) Water/Alcohol Injection
4) W2A Intercooler (more efficient than A2A)
5) Exhaust

Items 1 and 2 would be responsible for the majority of the extra power, the other 3 would provide small increments that add up but on their own are minor.

Forefront is the cheapest upgrade option, next time my toy fund is big enough will probably go visit Jamie and grab one to do some tests with.
In particular what are you chasing ?
Lower EGT?

Cooler upgrade should help for lowering egt temps. Part the reason im also in market of one now before getting a remap. Currently seeing what i can find out about "are intercoolers" "northside4x4", "hpdiesel" options plus whatever else i can find.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

If its for a spain build d40 you're not going to get any gains without an enormous custom jobbie
The standard cooler is a large surface area high quality cooler built by Hella in germany and assembled in Spain
Its not very shiny tho...

Theres a lot more to radiators and coolers than just size and shininess
fin quality is #1 priority which translates to thermal efficiency

As she sits she's got the 3" zorst and a remap.
Being a d40 it's a front mount,

As I'm about to tow a dual Axel tool trailer, imwas thinking of retrying to get her running a bit cooler then now. Esp in summer as I can get it rather hot without towing anything....

Aaa exhaust and fab in qld have a top notch kit for 1600ish posted.
That's the one to get bna3112.

Lucky for me there's a fella here in town with a brand new one of theirs only done 10k. Direct swap hell let me have it for 1000. Bit too rich for my liking for a second hand cooler.

So I've left it and decided to put the cash into a home theatre system instead for the new house 😁👍

Lucky for me there's a fella here in town with a brand new one of theirs only done 10k. Direct swap hell let me have it for 1000. Bit too rich for my liking for a second hand cooler.

New or used there mikeyboy?

Hes used it, only for 10k. Bought himself a 550 now trying to sell the 2.5 with over 30k of mods lol

Latest posts

Back