D22 Lower Link Spindle broken

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas4x4

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just noticed that on my D22 Lower Link Spindle (Bolt) is broken. I have had a chat with Nissan and they have told me it is a normal thing. So I'm going to pass it on to you guys. It is about a $10 part but a pain to replace as you need to take out the Torsion Bar. Mine is still drivable as it is a good design and the torsion bar actually holds the bolt in (the Nut on mine snapped off) The only way I noticed it was I was under the car and noticed it. So it have a look

Jason

P.S
Have attached where the Lower Link Spindle (bolt) is

Attachments

• lower link spindle.jpg
    lower link spindle.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 563
Have to check mine today, I am not one to leave broken stuff. It was put there for a reason, if Nissan say its normal perhaps they should recall them.

Dave.

as usual dodgy response by nissan. If its a usual thing then it should have been recalled/fixed under warranty or something.

diggin up an old thread here, but it related to me atm.

took of my tortion bar etc to get at my lower link spindle today, tried as hard as i could to smash it from the nut side to break it free - no movement at all.

have curently given up

ideas?

looks like nissan has a special tool that looks like a pressing type device, can i aquire this locally?

for some reason i only just thought of using a bearing puller, ffs, ill try that next week.

for some reason i only just thought of using a bearing puller, ffs, ill try that next week.

digging this up again i know, but did this end up working? ;)

does anyone know why these things snap? i cant see any reason why they would (but mine has)

Ok. I've just done mine as I needed to replace my lower control arm.

This was an absolute prick of a job and I don't suggest anyone bother unless you have a real reason to replace it.

I worked on trying to knock it out all weekend and ended up burning out the old bushing with a gas torch to remove the bolt, then had to knock out the steel bushing ring with a socket (required lots of lube, heat and a big hammer)

If you're going to attempt to replace the bolt i'd count on replacing the bushing too.

Latest posts

Back