Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Thai D22 exhaust
Old 13-09-2019, 04:50 AM

Default Thai D22 exhaust

Hi, Looking at putting a 3 inch exhaust on my 2013 Thai built D22 YD25. Any issues with firewall clearance with a new dump pipe or any other pitfalls to watch out for? Can it be done without removing the turbo?
Sponsored Links

Old 13-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

I've done mine on my 2010, ended up having to undo the turbo to manifold bolts to get the old dump pipe out and the new one in, only because I left the studs in the back of the turbo.

The only other issue I had was the exhaust hitting on one of the studs that holds the heat shielding on under the passenger's side floor. I ended up cutting the stud off flush with the top of the nut and haven't had any more trouble with it at all. Been on for probably 5 years now and still works fine. I get the odd tap on the rear shackle when the motor shuts down, but not all the time and not enough to worry me, there isn't much room there so not a lot can be done about it anyway...

Old 13-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bods View Post
I've done mine on my 2010, ended up having to undo the turbo to manifold bolts to get the old dump pipe out and the new one in, only because I left the studs in the back of the turbo.

The only other issue I had was the exhaust hitting on one of the studs that holds the heat shielding on under the passenger's side floor. I ended up cutting the stud off flush with the top of the nut and haven't had any more trouble with it at all. Been on for probably 5 years now and still works fine. I get the odd tap on the rear shackle when the motor shuts down, but not all the time and not enough to worry me, there isn't much room there so not a lot can be done about it anyway...
How does it go on corrugated dirt roads?

Old 13-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Dunno cause everything else makes too much noise lol. Haven't seen any visible damage to the exhaust but I guess you could always cut it a bit shorter and point it more downwards to stop it being so close ..