Rifle lock box???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky Victorians! Even have lawful reason to explain to the wife why you need a bigger rifle

Thanks for the help guys.

At the risk of going off my own topic, two things.

1. About storing the bolt seperately. In vic the bolt is considered a part of a firearm, and ANY part is ILLEAGAL to store with ammo.. so yes, rifle in safe. ammo and bolt together somewhere else is technically illeagal.

2. Min cal. I think you'll find .270 is min legal for samba and I think red deer,
.243 is minimum for hog and fallow... But all is fine when you shoot a nice 7mm-08

>>>> http://ssaavic.com.au/ssaa.php?id=78

Cheers guys

in NSW the firearms registry states that only cat. c (semi autos) need to be locked up during transportation, says A&B there is no legislation to transportation, ive been rbt'b with 3 rifles on the back seat and they couldnt have cared less (i told them they were there of course), i just put the bolts in the zipper on the gun bag

Ahh the good old days...I used to have gun racks mounted on the inside of my landcruiser ute's rear window and always had a shotgun sitting in them...

I remember a bloke in Townsville like that old fj 45 cruiser gun rack on the back window
. Even remember being at the drivein one night and him being up in front you could see the guns silouette

scooba_285 said:
in NSW the firearms registry states that only cat. c (semi autos) need to be locked up during transportation, says A&B there is no legislation to transportation, ive been rbt'b with 3 rifles on the back seat and they couldnt have cared less (i told them they were there of course), i just put the bolts in the zipper on the gun bag

Yeah same here. Don't even remove the bolt. Can't remove it in my .22 mag anyways.

Yeah same here. Don't even remove the bolt. Can't remove it in my .22 mag anyways.

What brand of mag is it? i know to remove the bolt in my savage i have to pull the trigger and the bolt simultaneously and it will come out.

i always take the bolts out because i reckon i would accidentally leave a round in it lol, i have very very light triggers too

I believe that as long as the guns are under lock with key and the amo is seperate you shouldnt have too many issues, just depends on the boys in blue!
However if you need a gun locker for your vehicle i can certainly help in that department. I make gun lockers that comply with the vic regulations for storage. Send me a pm if you want more details on the lockers.

Latest posts

Back