Steering Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark260392

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Iv got a 3.2 nissan navara.

For a while now iv been having problems with the steering such as play and shaking in the steering wheel at bout 70 km to 90 km and the car wants to keep pulling to the left. shes got 31 inch trepadors on and when i took it in for a wheel alignment they did the best they could ( which wasnt anything at all) because they rekon all the problems i described where the tyres fault.

is this true or is there another underlying problem?

cheers

try rotating the tires and see if there is any change.
is it shaking under brakes?
jack it up and check what the wheel bearings are like.

I had a set of BFG Mud Terrains (old style) on an MK Patrol years ago and the tread blocks wore unevenly on the outside of the tyres.
It used to vibrate that badly at 80km/h that I would not let anyone else drive it.
It was that bad that it broke the welds on one side of the sway bar.

So yes it could be the tyres.

i think tonys case would have been another problem which was causing the shaking and bad tire wear. tires don't wear badly by there own.

Yeah ive tried rotating the tyres but it made no difference. it dosnt do it under braking and the bearings seem ok. its probably heading towards being the tyres being the issue i think

OK..... swap the front wheels from left to right. If it still pulls left then its a wheel alignment problem that CAN be fixed if the right shop is doing it. If it stops pulling or pulls right then that is a tyre issue.

The vibration is most likely due to the chunky tread of the tyres especially if they are work badly. If you can swap wheels/tyres with someone else to see if it stops. Then you know its a tyre issue.

The tread on the tyres only rotates one way so i cant swap the two front ones over but i might swap my tyres over with a mate of mine and see if it still happens and go from there. I can feel the vibration from the tyres but its more like the steering wheel is shaking :/

change the tire pressure. some tires are a bit finicky.
i've got two 4x4's with muds and none get shaky due to the lugs.

the other thing is worn steering box or idler which d22's are prone for.

Latest posts

Back