suspension noises on full lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvey88

Reaction score
hi guys ive got an 03 d22. its had a 2 inch lift with bigger tyres.
when i turn up a kerb or just turn on full lock there is REALLY loud rubbing/grinding/creaking noise coming from the front end. Its so loud you can hear it from down the end of the street. any suggestions to whats going on ?

what grease should i use, lithium grease, copper grease, or something else ?

Either that or the bigger tyres are rubbing on the inner edge of your front mudflaps- turn it to full lock and stick your head under and have a look! If they are just trim it off abit til the noise goes away.

Definitely your steering stops. Like everyone else has said, just rub some grease on there and you'll be sweet.

A louder stereo lol. Yea thanks guys, I went and got some multi purpose grease from bunnings and that's done the trick. I've got big tyres on that rub the inner plastic too which I might try and swap for smaller tyres so I can have some piece and quite

Don't worry about swapping your rubber out. Trim/panel beat the inner guard. I've done that with 32s and a 2inch lift and only get rubbing on tight turns with the wheels flexing about 4wding.

Very helpful topic always thought something was fkd the noise is like something is gonna shear off .. Its horrible

I had same problem with the steering bumps stops! I popped down bunnings and got the rubber stops that you put on the bottom of chairs so they don't damage the floor!

How long did they last before they wore through ? I might clean the grease off and put those rubbers pads on..

Only problem with rubber stops is that when the wheel is at full lock and starts to articulate, the rubber stop will rip straight off.
Best thing to do is when you reach full just release the wheel half a turn so they don't rub.

Very helpful topic always thought something was fkd the noise is like something is gonna shear off .. Its horrible

The 4runner I had did it too so when I heard it the first time on the Nav I just thought oh that stupid steering stop noise again, it's a laugh when some ones in the car with you, sounds like something is seriously wrong !

A pic would be helpful if anyone has one!

309h62o.jpg

Back