ZD30 injector pump fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assassin

Reaction score
Hey Guys, having problems with a customers D22 str. Have tried searching the forum but no luck in finding a cure.
He got stuck on a hill and thought he'd ran out of diesel as the fuel light was on. Put some (about 15l) in it and tried starting it- it started briefly and then stalled it. It then wouldn't start again and the engine light was flashing- indicating a stored fault code. He rang me and I gave him directions on how to bleed the system- he still had no luck.
Vehicle got towed into me and this morning after bleeding again it still wouldn't start. I fired a couple of squirts of Aerostart into it and it started straight away. It will idle but not rev- infact it cuts out and then the engine light flashes again.
Fault codes are:
P3- pump comm line
47. crank position sensor (position)
P6 spill valve.
I have removed the comm line and cleaned/checked connectors at pump, cleaned earths etc,etc,etc.
Still no luck!!!

Any educated suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know the pump contol unit can be damaged on the zd30 patrol but not sure on this version????

Cheers,
Mick

tony d22 said:
Maybe do an ECU reset to clear error codes and try starting again.

Very very very small chance it can be cleared of its a hard code

Well, whacked a new crank sensor in it this morning- still the same!!!

Any further ideas or similar problems out there??

Cheers,
Mick

Do the Navs have a cam sensor like most other Nissans?
Sometimes only changing one or the other doesn't work.
They usually have to both be changed together, crank and cam sensors.
They are usually sold as a pair.

Do the Navs have a cam sensor like most other Nissans?
Sometimes only changing one or the other doesn't work.
They usually have to both be changed together, crank and cam sensors.
They are usually sold as a pair.

I hear what you're saying Tony, but they're not like the X-trails etc. The Crank sensor on the zd30 diesel controls the injector pump timing only from what I hear. I'm thinking it's a pump fault but need to be certain!?! That's the hard bit......
Cheers,
Mick:rambo:

Well it's not a power to pump issue cause it has signal to the ecu, it's either the pump itself has gone up shit creek without a paddle or it's wiring the the pump. Check your continuity in the pump wires. Check the plug on the back could be damaged from water or dirt ingress

Well it's not a power to pump issue cause it has signal to the ecu, it's either the pump itself has gone up shit creek without a paddle or it's wiring the the pump. Check your continuity in the pump wires. Check the plug on the back could be damaged from water or dirt ingress

Yeah mate, pulled the connectors off the back of the control unit on the pump and cleaned both sides out with contact cleaner...have also checked continuity between the other connector up top also.......

Mick

Good to hear. The problem (from what ive been told) is once the circuit board which is submerged in diesel (i think thats what he said). If dirty fuel reaches that then you will problems.
regardless- glad its fixed, if you don't mind me asking how much did the 2nd hand pump cost

Cheers

Good to hear. The problem (from what ive been told) is once the circuit board which is submerged in diesel (i think thats what he said). If dirty fuel reaches that then you will problems.

not really. the electronics are cooled by the fuel. however theres a few issues with the electronics. its not caused by anything in particle.

tho dirty fuel will kill the mechanics of the pump.

Latest posts

Back