Tail light fuse blowing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Videomisfit

Reaction score
Hi forum,

I have a 2009 d40 navara auto diesel.

I noticed that when I turn my lights on, the 10a tail light fuse blows. Leaving me with no real brake lights, no rear tail lights (only reverse and indercators), no interior a/c and auto transmission lights.

Any ideas what is causing this problem.

Thank you

My indicators started blowing fuses a while ago, it was my trailer plug. The trailer adapter plugged in between two plugs at the rear, so I removed it and the problem disappeared. Easy to check, I wish I had tried it before I replaced all my front indicators!

Do the brake lights work at all without the headlights on? I'd start by replacing the brake/tail light globes. If the tail light fuse blows, the brake lights should still work as they are on a separate circuit. If one of the globes has dropped a filament and is shorting out on the housing, that could be what is causing the fuse the keep blowing.

Failing that, you will have to get a multimeter and start checking things out for continuity to earth. Trailer plug as mentioned above, any new wiring you have done or had done to the vehicle, check wiring for damage and make sure no wires have rubbed through on the body or chassis anywhere.

Latest posts

Back