D40 or D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe the butcher actually reconditioned the old one. We went with the one that came with the box. I asked the guys fitting it to give it a look over prior to installation and they reported that it was in satisfactory condition. It came from a car with no tow hitch and 160,000km on its clock, so tray loads aside, the car hadn't done any heavy work in its life.

Back in 1976 i bought a V8 Torana Hatchback ,I towed all over NSW with that little car pulling a dual wheel Vicount 19ft6inch caravan ,im sure if that car could tow that van a D22 2.5Ltre Diesel would have no trouble
I recently towed a full load in a 8x5 trailer and a full tray 8x6 back from Batemans Bay to the gold Coast with a DX D22 2.5 diesel pulled it like a train over all the ranges .

No towing, but big tyres, dusty roads (i live 7-8 kays into dirt roads) steep, hilly, windy terrain and its got probly 4-500 kgs of tools and shite in it at all times

At 20,000 its only just starting to lose the shiny red newness of fresh trans oil

If i left it till 40,000 it would be pretty much the colour of the background of this website

Im being pro-active because trans fluid is cheap but trans servicing and repairs is nasty amounts of cash

Also it stopped the TC shudder (i think) so why not

I have no idea why, but I thought that you lived in the western suburbs for some reason. I got that wrong!

Whereabouts are you located?

Latest posts

Back