Rifle lock box???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan_b

Reaction score
Hey guys

after your help with the bullbar question thought I'd ask another one.

I see there are quite a few hunters amongst us (WHICH IS GREAT!) Anyway I just put a tub liner into the D22 and canopy will be on shortly.

Long story short, I am wanting to put a secure lock box in the tray to store 2 or three rifles for when I go away hunting. I live in Vic in case anyone has really read the laws regarding safe storage in transport

anybody else done this?? pics?? ideas??

all help is always welcome

Cheers

P.S Always up for organising a shoot!!!

I'm not sure in Vic laws. But in NSW they just have to be hidden in transport. Unless they are prohibited. Cat A and B all okay. Locked in the canopy out of sight is fine if you are it at the cehicle

yeah cant help with vic laws my mates and i just transport on back seat covered up or in tub

Yeah thanks guys, we do the same (covered in back seat out of reach)

I think with these situations common sense is more important than a technical rule.. It would just be nice to have a lockable box in the tub so if i do leave them in the vehicle (not for extended periods) someone would have to break into the box to steal them.

Again if anyone has done this mod, I would love to hear how it went

I've always just stored my 2 rifles behind me back seat, nice easy compartment and hidden from view

i store mine behind the back seat. Try not to fill the little space up with junk just for this reason. But if you want a locked box in the tray, maybe check out ebay for an aluminium toolbox. Only problems are, cost and you will need a long one which would need to run long ways to fit in the tray. Will take up quite a bit of room. Just bolt it through the tray floor.

I dont leave mine in the car for long periods.

Pete

G'day I store mine behind the seat. I like this as they are wedged in there good and can't get bounced and knocked around

Hey guys

after your help with the bullbar question thought I'd ask another one.

I see there are quite a few hunters amongst us (WHICH IS GREAT!) Anyway I just put a tub liner into the D22 and canopy will be on shortly.

Long story short, I am wanting to put a secure lock box in the tray to store 2 or three rifles for when I go away hunting. I live in Vic in case anyone has really read the laws regarding safe storage in transport

anybody else done this?? pics?? ideas??

all help is always welcome

Cheers

P.S Always up for organising a shoot!!!
just remove the bolt action from the guns and put them in the glovebox,so if you get checked by the coppers you shouldnt have a problem

i just drilled and bolted a large alloy toolbox at the back of my tub to keep room in the car, fits abouts 7-8 rifles and spotties etc

Yeah im about 99% sure ammo and bolts need to be in a lock box or if your glove box locks well its also fine. A mate told me even 1 stray bullet rolling around in the ute somewhere and you can get in trouble.

As said before you will need to run the box lengthways in the tub due to the width being a bit small unless you are using a coach gun or a sawnoff. Lol.

Compensating for a poor shot??? .243 is the perfect deer round. Mosley tipped 95gr do the job just fine :)

Latest posts

Back