Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas_richo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just purchased a new 2005 STR Navara and the Clutch engagement point is about a CM off the floor. Literally have to have it jammed to the floor to change gears. To the point where I reckon ill struggle to have a set of floor mats behind it....

It has had a new clutch installed approx 3000km ago and not sure if prior to that someone had a play with the pedal or other adjustment point?

I would have normally just adjusted the clutch pedal but having a quick search I am now lead to believe that adjusting the clutch at the pedal will not actually achieve much...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Evan

Could be air in the system or an incorrectly mounted slave cylinder. Could be an issue with the clutch from when it was replaced. Perhaps an issue with the clutch master cylinder...
Check for cracks around the pedal mountings causing the pedal box to push through the fire wall.
I dont know if there is pedal adjustment as such on the nav

Yep there is an adjuster between the top of the peddle and the master cylinder, bit awkward but ok

Yep, wind the master cylinder shaft out of the pedal clevis a little bit at a time until happy, this has an effect on it, had to do mine recently. As said it's right up there and a little awkward, sliding the seat right back will help with access.

Latest posts

Back