Central locking problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
A couple of times now, I've locked the vehicle at night, checked the doors and they are locked.
Next morning, I've found the damn thing is unlocked. anyone had this happen before ?

try locking the doors in the day time to see if there still locked hours later before dark. also it could be a neighbour that has his remote on a very close frequency. don,t know how they could unlock with no battery power connection.

A couple of times now, I've locked the vehicle at night, checked the doors and they are locked.
Next morning, I've found the damn thing is unlocked. anyone had this happen before ?

Had you been drinking when this happens lol, but seriously speaking do you have a remote or are you just turning the key?. Jonney's thoughts of interference from another remote is very plausable.

Me drink ? do fish swim LOL
I'm being serious, after I posted it got me thinking. The people across the road start early and I might get up early one morning to see if it happens. But it doesn't happen every morning.
I'm wondering if the button on my remote is too sensitive after I've done the locking and it's unlocking with a slight bump.
but you can hear when they lock/unlock, rather audible clunk when it happens.
buggered if I know, but I'll check again tonight.

Hi there, Quick question is it factory central locking?

A possible thing is the drivers door is a 2 way actuator. If it is out of adjustment it can unlock. To test, lock the ute then give the door a solid whack with your hand. If it is out of adjustment the door will unlock.

Hi there, Quick question is it factory central locking?

A possible thing is the drivers door is a 2 way actuator. If it is out of adjustment it can unlock. To test, lock the ute then give the door a solid whack with your hand. If it is out of adjustment the door will unlock.

I don't know if its factory or after market. I bought the vehicle second hand at an auction. I do know I can use the central locking or just use the key.

Well the central locking finally stopped working properly.
So took the door trim off to get at the actuator and what do I find haha
The little locking gizmo is broken and it appears the previous owner just twisted some wire around the shafts and they now don't hold correctly. So now I've gotta find somewhere where I can just get the little shaft lock. Thought I'd get some contact cleaner into the window switches while I was at it.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 81
Do some D22's come with keyless entry? My 2011 Jap build does not have it..? Or does it, but the previous owner just never gave me the transponder?

Mine came with central locking but not keyless (2006). Back then no requirement for immobiliser on commercials. Should be able to check by popping off the drivers door trim to see if there is a solenoid on the lock assembly. I had an alarm fitted after I purchased it and a solenoid was fitted then I believe

As mentioned above, most of them didn't come with an actuator fitted to the driver's door. So you can fit one yourself and either a remote locking controller or immobiliser that has remote locking and you will be good to go

Back