Car wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benpayne92

Reaction score
Hey guys quick story, car was running fine always a little slow to start on cold mornings but fine for the most part, llast week i came home 1 night went to start my car the next day and nothing battery sounded dead, did the usual try to jump it even bought a new battery, didnt fix it. ok so onto the starter changed that too as it was getting pretty old now anyway, still nothing it slow cranks and acts like a bad battery but it cant be, i attached a video any advice on things to check would be awesome guys i attached a video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hjijabip...8zfAzU_6E7Bvdds0zS_abwIcoFuF_Nji-_VkxbDiitMyM

Hey mate, I'd be double checking the earth from the battery to the body and engine first, make sure terminals are clean and tight.

When you tried jumping it, did you put the earth lead to the motor or the negative battery terminal? If you put it to the battery, I'd try putting it onto a metal piece on the engine itself and see if it makes any difference. You could even try this with the current battery in it, just go from the negative post to the motor with one jumper lead and see if it makes any difference.

Hey thanks mate ill try that soon! one thing i forgot to mention is the voltage drop im getting when cranking volts are dropping to about 5

Yeah I'd expect something like that with bad battery connections. Is the battery new or are you getting the same when trying to jump it?

Fair enough. If it's a brand new battery and starter I'd double check that earth first. Or try that jumper cable and let us know how that goes.

you're a legend bro looks like it may have been a bad ground, shes turning over now, havent got it actually started yet but its definatly sounding like it wants to, gonna put fresh diesel in tomorrow and see if she fired

If you know anyone that wants to buy one feel free to pass it on haha. I'll stick around, makes it a lot easier having Tapatalk anyway...

Latest posts

Back