Extended shackles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The massy

Reaction score
hello anyone?
I have lifted my d40 with coil spacers and extended shackles and was wondering if it wold be ok to put lifted spring under them? I'm pretty sure it's ok to put taller coils under the spacer, just not to sure about the lifted leaf springs under extended shackles..

I believe in some states spacers and extended shackled are illegal.
In saying that, you'd only be unlucky enough to be pulled up on it if something catastrophic was to happen. With a weight matched set of front and rear springs matched to the everyday running setup of your truck, you'll not only be legal but your ride will be much more enjoyable. Depends what your after tho. If your just after height, go a spring lift on spacers and shackles and body lift. You'd be able to fit 35s then

if fitting lifted springs then get rid of the spacer and extended shackle.
its a bad idea to use extended shackles and pointless if you can get the springs to do the lift.

Iv already got extended shackles and spacers in it now and I don't see an issue with them.. with a 2" body lift I fitted yesterday..
I'd like to go higher to fit bigger tyres and make it look phat

Like tweaker said, pointless if the springs give you the lift and you want some decent driveability. You can definitely fit 33s with a good spring and body lift. I'm pretty sure that also with coilbucket spacers and extended shackles your off road flex is reduced.
But if your just chasing a high, look cool, mall crawler search for some axle blocks and wheel spacers too:rock:

It's still has standard springs in it and there shot, the leafs are inverted and the coils are sagged AF so I want to replace them anyway..

The biggest issue with extended shackles is being busted for them. Instant canary. Good springs will help, if you want lift without giving too much care for comfort then a heavy duty single-rate leaf pack (400kg or more) will lift the ass a fair bit. We fitted dual rate OME springs and got 85mm of lift in the tail and they'd be my recommendation because they don't engage all of the leaves when empty = not as harsh a ride when unloaded.

Watch the UCAs up front. I think it's Superior Engineering that sell a replacement UCA that allows more flex - normally you can manage about 50mm up front at best. If you keep the spacers, you're reducing flexibility and suspension travel but that might be the intention depending on the shocks you put in. You can fit HD springs up front which will handle the front end weight much better (especially if you have a steel bar and/or winch like we have).

OME, old man emu? And by fitting these without the extended shackles you got 85mm lift in the tail? Did you get all your springs from OME?
A place I was looking at getting a lift done was going to put extended ball joints on the UCA.. but I have seen the superior UCA, pretty pricy!

watch you rear brake lines and ABS cables. I only have a lift kit, and my brake lines are stretched tight when the wheel is off the ground

All of my suspension was provided and installed by ARB. OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks, OME Dakar dual rate leaf springs and OME HD coils.

Superior Engineering UCAs might cost a bit, but we had a pair at one of the Musters and everyone had a good look and agreed on one thing - they were a good bit of kit.

Latest posts

Back