Over heat zd30 motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooty

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm looking for some advice. I have a 2004 zd30 d22. I was traveling along a motorway. I did notice that my motor was running hot. It was traveling along fine until I started to slow down when my engine cut out. Once I got my truck towed home. The next day I try to fill the radiator and found it was leaking from across the top of the cores. When I went to try to start the motor it would just turn over but not kick on.
My mechanic said I should just rebuild the motor without looking at it.
I was just wondering if he is right.
Or is it just the head that needs to be done?

What ever you do its going to cost a lot.

Head will be stuffed for sure.

Who knows what the bottom end could be like.

Options would be, rebuild, reco motor or 2nd hand motor or sell it for parts and move on.

If you fix it and plan on keeping it for a while id suggest trying to get someone you have confidence in to do the work.

It went into the red when I looked at it as the engine cut out as I rolled to the side of the road.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to stip it down myself, or would it be best to give it to a mechanic to rebuild. If I go down that path.

Would it be possible to stip it down myself, or would it be best to give it to a mechanic to rebuild. If I go down that path.
Possible yes.
But if you have to ask that question i would be looking for a good mechanic, someone thats done rebuilds before.

How longs a piece of string? How hot it got for how long, noone really knows for sure. Maybe you wont need a full rebuild... get someone to have a closer look at it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that and go from there. Are there any recommdations on engine rebuilder around area Smithfeild, Fairfeild or Liverpool NSW

good chances are the head needs replacing only so see how much a replacement cylinder head costs and go from there. over heating usually causes the cylinder head to crack or even the head gasket to crack more so than cracking the engine block or pistons. if you could get a mobile mechanic to come out and give the engine a compression test and water pressure test he might have some idea of whats damaged. a busted head gasket would be great and is possible too.

Latest posts

Back