Paint cracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobtee

Reaction score
Just been out and washed the NP. Getting rid of tar spots on the bonnet and bugger me, right hand side along one of the creases there is hairline cracking in the paint. Not a scratch, it follows the line of the crease. Suspect it is caused by flexing of the bonnet as the bonnet prop is in exactly the spot the paint has cracked. Any others out there notice similar?

All good. Found that it was only very stubborn thin stripes of road grime. abug and tar remover would not look at it. Would you believe panel beater son used spit on his finger. How embarrassment.

Good outcome from a potentialy unenjoyable experience
I wouldn't have taken it to a panel beater to fix tho. I would have gone straight back to Nissan

I had this on our new x trail. Looked like cracks all over it but turned out to be residue adhesive from protective tape from the factory that hadnt been fully removed buy the dealer. Took some removing though.

I had this on our new x trail. Looked like cracks all over it but turned out to be residue adhesive from protective tape from the factory that hadnt been fully removed buy the dealer. Took some removing though.

Yep, this is what I was going to say, had the same thing on my D40, thought it came brand new with some scratches, turned out to be the residue from the adhesive from the protective film they ship with.

Latest posts

Back