Factory Side Step Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3vin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was doing some offroading last night and have slide on the sidesteps abit.
I've lost the end cap and the chrome side portion is now sticking out, it seems it was dragged out by the rock that was lodged there.

I tried banging it with a mallet and also pulling it out to no avail. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with this. I was contemplating pulling off the rubber seal above it and try to slide it back.

Just abit hesitant in case I can't get the rubber seal back on or if that rubber seal isn't whats stopping it from budging. Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin

Attachments

• 20170114_220442.jpg
    20170114_220442.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 141
Just a suggestion and unrelated to your question. Sliders or steel side steps!. If you do moderate work offroad the steps will cop it bad every time.

Just a suggestion and unrelated to your question. Sliders or steel side steps!. If you do moderate work offroad the steps will cop it bad every time.

Hey John,

I totally agree with you, wasn't expecting to go out last night, just last min tag along with a mate.

I will be getting them switched out once I save up some $$$. Just wanted to 'temporarily' fix it now if I could to not make it so obvious looking.

If I can't fix it, potentially get our the dremil and cut off the excess I guess.

Cheers mate, have another look and see if a member has a better idea later. I see your annoying problem, these things happen when you go at the last moment with your mates.

Clark Rubber have all sizes of rubber trim, maybe a piece of this trim pushed over the front of step and just cut off neatly the excess chrome alloy trim. unless you can find a genuine part this would look ok and cost bugger all to buy plus very simple to fit on [ abit of contact glue might help too ].

Update. I've peeled back the rubber trim on the edge closest to the aluminium strip and went bananas with a mallet. It's back in now tho! :)

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back