replace nissans stupid skinny tires

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
just wondering what you guys have used to replace those piddly little skinny 205/80r16 tires.
would d40 rims fit?
what offset needed?
i suspect wider tires will poke out from the guard a bit. what have you used to fix that?
i see flares up for sale for them at great $$$.

i think the nissan dealer was slow off the mark. really surprised they didn't try to up sell us new rims/tires etc. accessories are usually a good earner for dealers.

I have a 2015 RX NP300 and I got hold of a set of ST alloys for a bargain price. They look better, ride better but do protrude a little as the RX doesn't have the flared gaurds.

yeah still got the cheese cutters, only had it for 3 days !

a little surprised that even some of the dual cabs come with those skinny tires as well.
common as mud to have skinnys on the 2wd, unfortunately even the later d22's single cabs had the skinnys as well.
strange they bothered to fit skinnys on workman's vehicles. it becomes a safety issue for us due to the amount of offroad driving we do.

HMmmm!

Any thought for Fuel Consumption here?

highway man:violin2:

if you mean nissan fitting skinny tires to bodgy the fuel consumption figures ?
they could have done it to attract fleet buyers who don't care if there drivers have traction or not.

Manufacturers don't give a rats what you do with it. It's the cheapest size.
If they promote offroad use by adding bigger chunky tyres then they loose all warranty denial remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was disappointed when I realized that my RX dual cab can't legally fit any larger rims/tyres due to Nissans stupid idea to fit different guards and tub that are 25 mm narrower than the ST and STi models on each side. Why you would do that on a work vehicle is beyond me and must be costing sales if people realize this before buying. ST rims are easy and cheap to buy but I can't take the risk of my vehicle being un road worthy if fit them.

i'll take a pic once i get mine on. just waiting on tires to arrive.
i need to have the same tires as the D22's. going smaller is just stupid and with our work place health and safety laws now, its on us to make sure the utes are fit for use.
can't have the lads go from D22 to D23 and crash because the D23 got skinny little tires on.

what wheel nuts did you guys use for the alloys?

anyone got a pic of the wheel nuts that come with factory alloys ?

Latest posts

Back