Tony's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered my Ironman Protector bar yesterday, only thing is I have to wait 3 weeks to get it.
Seen a couple of Navs in the area with them on and I reckon it's one of the best bars that suits the D22 on the market.

I'll get it home, colour code it and then fit.
Can't wait.

Agter nearly a 6 week wait I finally got my bar finished today.
Turned out far better than I thought it would.
Got the old winch fitted and the control box tucked away inside the bar.
One very happy camper

Decided to make my own mini console for the back, now the kids have somewhere to put their drink bottles. Also made a little storage space underneath it.
Had some black vinyl so covered it in that.

I love the idea of the rear console it turned out great. Might have to steal that one, one day haha

-tyler

Agter nearly a 6 week wait I finally got my bar finished today.
Turned out far better than I thought it would.
Got the old winch fitted and the control box tucked away inside the bar.
One very happy camper

I had a client come into work once with one of those bars on a Nav. Painted the bar white and the fog light inserts where black aswell as the triple loop was black. Looks tops!

In regards to your winch control box location and type, what kind of remote have you got? Wireless or cabled?

It a Warn winch and the control box has a curved mount block on it to mount directly to the motor. I used a couple of stainless clamps and attached it to the motor.
It fits perfectly and you can access the remote plug through the front slot of the bar or the cut out in the top of the bar.

I still have the cable remote but might integrate a wireless remote one day.

I had a client come into work once with one of those bars on a Nav. Painted the bar white and the fog light inserts where black aswell as the triple loop was black. Looks tops!

Thanks, the fog light plastics come black supplied with the bar but I thought they would look better painted white.
The loop is Stainless steel but would look pretty good black as you say.

Good thing about this bar is the loops are easily removed (4 bolts) so you can just have the steel section (in case the people against bull bars finally get their way) or you can get an aluminium centre bar bent up to make it look like an ARB Sahara bar.

I recently made a modification to my bash plates and made a little opening section to access the drain plug.
I welded 3 nuts on the engine side and bolted from the bottom.
The 2 nuts together are removed as the 3rd nut is loosened only to allow the plate to pivot on top of the bash plate out of the way.

Hey mate

I was wondering if you can let me know what combination tough dog lift you went. I've got a price from my local for a tough dog kit but I can't decide whether to get the heavier duty leafs? I tow a trailer for work like yourself and I'm not sure how the comfort leafs are going to cope.

Thanks mate

-tyler

Tyler,
Tough Dog lift has 41mm big bore shocks. I had to file a couple of mm off the upper control arms on one side as they just scraped on full extension, I did this myself after a month or so after getting it fitted.
Leaf springs are 300kg which they class as the comfort springs. A little bumpy at first but damper out after a couple of months.
I only carry a small ladder and odds and ends in the tray as everything else is in the trailer.
All for $1640 fitted.

Very happy with it.

Thanks mate much appreciated. Just to confirm is that the constant 300kg or the 0kg - 300kg springs. I was quoted 1700 fitted with the foam cell shocks and t/bars which I was pretty happy with. I've got a set of calmini UCA's on the way so clearance should be good.

Cheers

-Tyler

Yeah I think they were the 0-300kgs springs.
One of my next mods will be the Calmini UCA's as well.
Be good to have the Nav sit level.

I fitted an ARB canopy last weekend with lift up windows all round, love the idea that all you have to do is open the tail gates to get anything in and out quickly without crawling under the tarp.
Still getting used to the tinted glass as it takes a little getting used to looking out the back being a bit dark.

Will soon have the tarp and other bits for sale soon.

Latest posts

Back