Dashboard Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend me a good online store for these t5 globes?

Jay car couldn't help me and I'm not sure who else here could. Cheers guys. I've become an expert in removing it though. Have done it about 10 times trying to get the led replacement working.

howdy all, just wondering how one would go about getting to the bulbs behind the heater controls ? The air con' light is not working also and the cigy lighter when I have my phone plugged in seems to flick on and off leading me to think there maybe a broken wire that feeds that area- but in saying that the heater and air con lights don't flicker at all ???
Does anyone know how the centre plastic shroud comes off- it's not a dash out job is it !
any help would be a great help thanks,')

I can see two screws in the centre dash console but there must be clips holding it in too ! ?????

yup sure was Bax ! it had a hands free kit fitted/shoved under the dash and i'm betting/hoping it's the connection of that to the ciggy lighter!
The heater block lights have me tossed though !!

I used 2 x t5 LED globes on my dash, there are some brighter parts due to only 2 globes and the photo makes it look a lot worse than it is, but it is 10x better then than the original globes.

WP_000291_zpsc6f86266.jpg

Brett

Pull the ash trays out, then remove the two screws below the air con vents(stick ya head down low and look up) then the whole console just pulls out. It's held by clips so just pull till they pop.

It takes a t10 in my 2010 model, not sure about the actual air on switch though, but the panel is a t10.

Yeah. What Scotty said, there are 2 screws in the top of the dash above the cluster then the black part comes out, make sure if you have any switches like spotlight ones that you disconnect them 1st. Then there ate 4 screws holding the cluster in, once these are out you can pull the cluster forward and unplug the loom from the back, you will need a small flat head screw driver to get te plug out from memory. Then on the back there are 2 black globe holders on the top and about 3 brown holders for the indicator and high beam lights. The 2 black ones are the dash lights, to get them out of the cluster they twist and pull out. I found the best way to get the globes out of the holder without busting the holder was to crush the glass of the globe with a pair of pliers and then carefully dig it out of the holder with a small screw driver.

That did not work haha apparently they're non replaceable you have to exchange the globe holder, you can't just change the globe in the holder. Stupid Nissan

Also on that note, I noticed there was two plugs, long rectangle ports however there was also one rectangle port that didn't have any wires in it. Anyone know what that would be for?

That did not work haha apparently they're non replaceable you have to exchange the globe holder, you can't just change the globe in the holder. Stupid Nissan

That's what Nissan tells you because they want you to spend about $40 per holder from memory when I looked into it. They are a bunch of thieving c$#ts.

I have replaced my dash lights twice, once from the original globes to LED then changed them back to normal globes, its a piece of piss as long as you don't break the globe holders like I did 1st go. LOL

That's what Nissan tells you because they want you to spend about $40 per holder from memory when I looked into it. They are a bunch of thieving c$#ts.

I have replaced my dash lights twice, once from the original globes to LED then changed them back to normal globes, its a piece of piss as long as you don't break the globe holders like I did 1st go. LOL

Yeah well I broke mine hahaha trying to fish the globe out of one of the holders. Absolutely ridiculous!!! So the LED didn't work as well as you hoped?

Just a heads up if you replaces dash cluster bulbs with White LEDs it will be blue thanks to the white background

Yeah well I broke mine hahaha trying to fish the globe out of one of the holders. Absolutely ridiculous!!! So the LED didn't work as well as you hoped?

Nah. The LEDsiI had didn't spread the light as well as I had hoped so there was bright spots and dark spots.

Latest posts

Back