Rear Wheel Carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BIG GUS

For all those who would like to know how I made our Rear Wheel Carrier, see below the first set of pictures of how we did it from underneath.
There is a limit of 5 pics per post so please lookout for our next post showing the Rear Wheel Carrier from the top.
We did design and make it ourselves from scratch and we are happy for anyone else to make the same if you like.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 364
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 330
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 303
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 308
Rear Wheel Carrier from top

Continued from last post....

See below pics of Rear Wheel Carrier from top.

Thankx wrc

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 365
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 334
what a good idea. looks like it's mounted off the tow bar and chassis? is that a nylon block under the swing arm?
cheers

yes it is a nylon block it gives it extra support, simple but very effective when offroad, whole carrier cost 3-400 to make

Looks great, Thats what I was going to do, but did a whole new bar to get the tow bar nice and high. Good job!!

Hi Gus, did see another pic somewhere on here showing your wheel carrier mod showing something attached to the tailgate off the mounting plate. Am I correct or was this an illusion. Thinking it was a packer of some sort to stop any movement between swivel arm and tailgate possibly. Really like your mod because it retains the stock rear bar. Keen to give this mod a crack myself but want to be sure,appreciate any clarification on this,thanks

Last edited:
Looks really good big Gus, its always nice when u can say that you've done something yourself looks factory fitted, well done

Looks mint mate, love ya work, could you post a pick of the entire back so can have a look?

Looks mint mate, love ya work, could you post a pick of the entire back so can have a look?

Don't think Gus is on here anymore, found these pics on the forum .

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 107

Latest posts

Back