33"s on a D40 with only 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say much prefer the 33`s looks tidy and quite factory great look over all. With plenty of space on flex as well!!
All the time off with your foot must be getting to you, nice progress for a sigle days work. Those tyres look great let us know how they go.
Well done on the write up maybe worth a sticky!

Last edited:
Might get the moderator to move my post down the line and make this a sticky. Sorry i butted in there haha thought u were done. good job anyways

good luck with the Sons of trial, would have been good to make it. When you going to upgrade to a D22 Nath??

For those wanting to fit 33's or 285/75/16's with only a 2"lift it can be done.

now cut off the bottom corner of the fender/guard, i used my Off set tin snips, you could you a grinder or a nibbler.

more to come

Is it not possible to bend this piece inside, in stead of cutting it?

Last edited:
i think unless you heated it up (and knew what you were doing) it was just break off if you tried to bend it up, or at least severely weaken it.
seeing this thread may have just saved me a grand on new adjustable UCA's lol
planning a Kimberly trip next year and i want to get rid of the 17s and buy a set of 16s and 33s for it.

Nice write up mate ! :)

Do you reckon the modification you did to the front would need to applied if you went for 275's instead of 285's ?

Just like to say thanks to Nath for this great write up!
Worked a stream for me even tho im not running that big of feet!
Only too me around half hour per side! Job Done.

Hi mate, Firstly,what a great write up it's a credit to you. As a newbie to this type of vehicle every idea I have at the moment I spend hours on the inter web trying to research it to see IF and HOW it can be done. Like most men when it comes to size, bigger is best and 285/70r17's are my next goal. In your thread you said your 33's were on stock 7" rims which filled me with joy, with this info I measured my wheel rims, inner lip to lip and they were 8" does this mean Nissan uses 2 stock width sizes or am I doing it wrong. Again brilliant thread "seeing is believing".

I run 285/75/16's on my stock STX wheels (16 x 8 ) on a 70mm rear and 60mm front lift. With a tiny bit of wheel arch inner modification with an airsaw and heatgun and no scrubbing on full lock or half flex. Havent had it on FULL FLEX yet as i dont throw it around hard, but 20,000km in and all is good

Im only going by what ive been told, but i also originally had the KL71 AT's in a 265 with tiny scrubbing but then changed to Dick Cepek 285's when i got it lifted.

But like i said, its still got the swaybar and havent had it full flexed up front yet as i do more touring than mega offroad

I have a +18 offset sunraysia's on my truck with no bullbar and it only just misses the front bumper, if I keep the same wheel would it most likely scrub the front or will it scrub no matter the offset?

I havent really played around with different offsets and widths, im still pretty sure you will still need to do some trimming and some heating of the mudflaps and inner guard.
I think its more of a height issue rather then offset, BUT having said that if you were to run a zero offset i would think then it may be worse rather then better.

This now what I mean by the tyre scrubbing the front with no bullbar
image.jpg
I could still chop the rear of the guard for clearance like you did the fronts the only thing I'm worried about with 33s

Last edited:
looks like you will need to operate on the front for sure, you may get away with just using the heat gun to mould it out of the way.
Are you thinking of getting some sort of bullbar in the future?

I would like to get an xrox bar but currently don't have the funds to do it so I was just gonna try get away with cutting and moulding haha, I'm hoping a used one comes up for sale although they are pretty rare

Latest posts

Back