Inverted clutch?? [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so got the 4 terrain clutch fitted up - wow, very light pedal throw! $650 off egay. Quoted price was $1200! AND about $1000 labour inc rear main seal i requested.

The clutch that was in it was excedy, still mint except throwout bearing burst its casing rendering it seized, and ground/blued the fingers on the pressure plate rendering it ****ed. **** you excedy.

Last edited:
Good to know. Apparently they are the best ones? I cant get over how light the pedal is - almost like its not connected to anything. Which is good news for my ****ed up knee, but might do a 5th gear stall test just to ease my suspicions.

Thanks tony, I hope its solved. Was a pretty daggy title. Another one could be "Excedy throw-out bearings? Throw -away bearings."

No i had it done by a mechanic because work ute and couldnt afford the down time. It was expensive, and they ****ed around for a week doing it. In hindsight i should have done it. There are a few on here who have done it themselves - sounds like a big job but not that bad.

Latest posts

Back