All terrain tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what a/t's do you have fitted?

• Total voters

sparra04

Reaction score
What do you run and are you happy with them
please keep mud tyres out of this thread

vote away

Last edited:
I ran bfg's for 2yrs on the D22 and loved them
They copped a hiding
great on wet roads and good all rounders offroad

Mickey Thompson 4 Rib ATZ's, been fitted for about 45,000k's so far.

I had the BFG's on a previous vehicle and I reckon these are heaps better. I'll be putting Mickey Thompson on when these are gone.

Kelly safari tsr. Great aggresive all terrain tyre got them at a good price and come with a 75.000km guarentee

Cooper st maxx, done nearly 60,000. Still a bit of life left in them, and I live in the sticks, so it's crappy single lane asphalt roads and a lot of gravel.

I run Bridgestone 697 AT. I hate them. They were fine at first being a great quiet tire with good traction on all surfaces. They are probably now 30k old and sound like a mud tire under braking and are noisey on road generally for an all terrain tire.

Brother runs the Coopers at3 and love then but I find the tread to stiff and they chip a little bit.

My next tire after I bin these bridgies will be the bfg at. Been wanting a set of thhese since purchasing the car but money was tight when getting a replacement set for the factory bridgies.

Rusty

I have yokohama geolandars 265/75/16, got them in a buy 3 get 4 deal so the whole set cost me like just under $800, cheap as for 4wd A/T's, also they have a good warranty plan and the guy who sold them to me (a friend) said they payout/replace on anything. They had a guy with a landcruiser who went to landcruiser park and dropped his ass end on something and tore open the spare tyre's sidewall while it was under the car and they replaced it free of charge.

Only thing is, they are marketed as an LT tyre but they are only 8 ply, most LT's like the BFGs and what not have 10ply, so they are a little softer. But I mainly do beach work so tyres which bag out a bit more I am happy with.

^ Hate geolanders - wear out faster than tissue paper. Hope you get a better run than I did.

Hankook Dynapro for the last 12mths in the snow and high country, will fit them again when these are done.
Have had 3 sets of BFG ATs over the last 10 years in the snow, they are shit hot but too expensive

I've got Dunlop Grandtrek AT3s. Only done about 5,000 so far, but pretty happy so far. Good on wet, dry and gravel roads.

I had some bfg and they were chipping and slippery as buggery.

Had maxxis at700/771 and they were great, now running Kumho kl61 and they are wearing excellently, and had no issues with them.

Hankook dynapro atm's. A bit noiser now they have about 30k on them but good on the road wet or dry. Had pirelli atr's befor that. Great on the road and got 70k + out of them. A bit expensive though and not LT rated. Was worried about the sidewalls when i eventually get to head west.

BFG's - OK in the dry but slippery in the wet. Had a few guys at work rave about them and talk it up a bit. They need to drive on some other tyres.

I get to see the traction light come on a fair bit when you put your foot down on a wet road.
Would not buy them again.

cooper st maxx, ive had them on for about a year now done nearly 20000
(been on since near new). Bugger all wear, great on road awesome offroad really cant fault them and would happily buy them again

In the "other" bracket. Hankook Dynapro RF10. I had my doubts at purchase but have to say they have been great particularly for the price. I to will putting them on when these are done and there not to bad in the mud for an A/T either.

I have limited experience in this area as its my first real 4x4. I've had bfg's on for almost 30k and they still look like new. I don't do any full on 4x4 but do a fair bit of low range stuff to get to some pretty remote hunting spots and they seem to be very good. I went bfg's on good advice and I'm happy that i went that way.

Latest posts

Back