All terrain tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what a/t's do you have fitted?

• Total voters
I have cooper st maxx. All I will say is never again! My patrol had Pirelli scorpions and they were great

Really? Why?

I'm pretty happy with my ST Maxx

Really, why? Mine have been pretty good in mud and on outback roads.

As above, mine are getting real low on tread after 60/65 thou. But I live on gravel roads so mine cop a hiding, I only got 40 thou out of my Goodyear wranglers so am real happy with the st/maxx. They have been real good for traction on the wet roads around here( long wet winters here) and great for going bush behind my house

Compared to the old tread pattern st, they have worn fairly quickly, there is around 200g of weights on each wheel. The balancing was way out and they even balanced the standard d40 rims first to see if it was the rims that were out which they weren't.
I wouldn't buy them again

Thanks Guys/Gals. Informative. BTW D22s are very noisy IMO. Unfortunately we didn't test highway speeds before we put down the deposit.

We have the factory fitted Bridgestone Dueller A/T and at 42.K kms they are showing heavy wear. IMO mostly due to poor alignment. So it is time to start researching replacements.

99% of driving is around town, unfortunately, but we;ll still keep the AT style.

Have been using event all terrain on some new fleet vehicles. They are noisy but seem to be handing the abuse. I had some on the missus escape thrashed for 15k still looked brand-new.

The local tyre dealer put me onto a set of el cheapo's
Roadian AT11 265/70r16.
I think he had a set gifted from a rep. He charged me $150 each, fitted.
He said if I don't get more than 100,000km, he'll be surprised.

I've had them on for just over 10,000km. I cannot see any wear yet, they still have the little rubber dags from the factory on them. My driving is mainly bitumen, gravel, and paddocks. They go well in wet and dry.
They are great in light snow, and really quiet.
They hold onto rocks really well.
My only gripe:
The tread doesn't clear mud out very well

At work we have Hilux's, and a try on; all with BFG's. My elcheapo's are more than comparible at less than half the price.

So here we go with the tire debate again. Wanting to go to up a size to 32" tires. Have been waiting for the BFG KO2 release which was meant to be mid January but have recently found out it won't be till end of March. Thanks BFG.

So here I go. Who gots what and how do you rate them?

Mickey T ATZ P3
Cooper AT3 or ST Maxx
BFG AT KO or KM2
Dick Cepek FCII or fun country whichever is the most recent one

Mostly on road work but want it to handle off-road ability well. Was looking at a 50/50 tire but happy for 70/30 (on road/off-road)

Or do I wait for the KO2 to be released and trial them. I have Simpson mid this year so want something reliable
Rusty

As above, mine are getting real low on tread after 60/65 thou. But I live on gravel roads so mine cop a hiding, I only got 40 thou out of my Goodyear wranglers so am real happy with the st/maxx. They have been real good for traction on the wet roads around here( long wet winters here) and great for going bush behind my house

My st maxx are at about 67 thou now, I did rotate every 10 thou for the first 40 or 50 thou but have stopped now, the last tread keeps wearing so I've left them on. But I had spare coin just before Christmas so I bought the st maxx again and put them on my spare rims, I was going to try mickeys but I got quoted higher prices so I stuck with what I know. As I said it's all single lane ashphalt around home and gravel roads, So I think they have had a fair work out. Need to be happy spending that sort of money

I have the Hankook Dynapros 265/70/17's
have done over 25k on them including up to the cape and back, very happy with them. they look good heaps of grip and quiet. still like new.

great bargain. I will get again.

yeh im up for heairng feedback. even the goodyear duratrac
That's what I'm running now!
Got the chunk of a km2 with the road noise of a A/T.

Nearly three years in and will going strong ( only used for trips)

A bit on the expensive side.... But definitely on my list next time around

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423203743305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423203743305.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 86
I have the Hankook Dynapros 265/70/17's
have done over 25k on them including up to the cape and back, very happy with them. they look good heaps of grip and quiet. still like new.

great bargain. I will get again.

I agree, the ATM's are unreal.
I have done 60 000 in mine and still over half tread left.
Still quiet and grip well.
I'm a convert and will buy these tyres always,

Finally replaced my bald bridgestone all terrains. Now have Bf Goodrich 265/70/16s and love them. 2600kms into my long trip and no complaints here đź‘Ť

Running Cooper ST Maxx in 265/70/17. As the Coopers have a few more mm of tread than most AT's, it was just touching the inner front guard when turning. Side cutters and a small saw blade on the guard took care of that (don't have a heat gun). Great tyre off road, bit noisy on the road as you can expect, wet weather grip hasn't been great for me so I don't think I'll be getting these again. Will most likely try the Dynapro ATM's

Running Cooper ST Maxx in 265/70/17. As the Coopers have a few more mm of tread than most AT's, it was just touching the inner front guard when turning. Side cutters and a small saw blade on the guard took care of that (don't have a heat gun). Great tyre off road, bit noisy on the road as you can expect, wet weather grip hasn't been great for me so I don't think I'll be getting these again. Will most likely try the Dynapro ATM's

If you go the Dynapros, make sure you get LT (light truck)

Latest posts

Back