liqui moly intake manifold cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpxoxYmPsc

Hey just wondering if anyone has tried this yet?
posted in engine section aswel but wasnt getting replies so maybe wrong spot!
Took my intercooler off today and my intake manifold looked at least this bad if not worse.

What are the implications if the build up that is being dislodged is going through the engine? Someone was telling me that i may want to do an oil change at the same time?

Cheers chris

will be interested to see what responses you get. My first thought too was what about all the crap that is dislodged.

It looks like an interesting product..

the chunks that break off (and it is inevitable that some chunks will break free), I envisage that it would not be a good thing for the intake.. Mind you, it is oily reside so it *may* break down and combust..

The youtube video does not go into much detail - but there was some serious gunk build up there..

I think you'll find by the time it's entered the engine it's probably most likely a liquid and is combusted and dumped out the exhaust .This the reason for keeping the revs up at all times so it can push it out. Interestingly enough it nevermentioned anything about turbo setups whether to spray direct into turbo charger wheel or through airbox?

Russ

Not sure about the spray. But i know some guys remove and clean their inlet manifold

I think you'll find by the time it's entered the engine it's probably most likely a liquid and is combusted and dumped out the exhaust .This the reason for keeping the revs up at all times so it can push it out. Interestingly enough it nevermentioned anything about turbo setups whether to spray direct into turbo charger wheel or through airbox?

Russ
As well as anything that hasn't broken down going through the turbine wheel on the way out lol. I guess under no load the turbo won't be doing a great deal anyway...

So autobarn needed to order it in for me and wanted to charge me $29 for a can (no worries) and as they needed to order 6 min, wanted me to pay the postage... and were going to sell the other 5.... needless to say i told them that I wouldn't be funding the postage of their stock.
Spoke to my mechanic and he said they always use one from repco cant remember the name (yellow and grey can). $19 so i gave it a go. Took the intercooler off ( just cos the front pipe is hard to take off by itself ) and flicked the heat switch on to get the revs up. Spayed the whole can in there and didn't miss a beat. Got nowhere near all the gunk off but a large amount of it.

Conclusion: cant wait to get the rest of it out as it has already made a noticeable difference to breathing. Can hear the turbo spooling louder than normal and way more responsive.

My mechanic put some through my d22 a good 40000ks ago(dont know the brand) and ive had zero problems.

Straight into the intake manifold. Does the zd30 have an intercooler? If so rip off the cold pipe and straight into the intake manifold.

So the hose from your airbox to manifold. Take that off then spray down the intake manifold whilst idling a bit higher than normal. I just used the heat switch so 1500rpm was fine

Sorry mate if she is turbo, the hose from turbo to manifold. So after the turbo otherwise it might dissolve some of the oil in the turbo...

So are people pulling the intake off the front of the Throttle Body - or HOT PIPE on the turbo side and allowing it to go through the Intercooler?

I would have thought POST Intercooler straight into the throttle body was the best place?

I'd also think that removing and cleaning the Intercooler and all it's piping would be a good measure too..

So are people pulling the intake off the front of the Throttle Body - or HOT PIPE on the turbo side and allowing it to go through the Intercooler?

I would have thought POST Intercooler straight into the throttle body was the best place?

I'd also think that removing and cleaning the Intercooler and all it's piping would be a good measure too..

This stuff is pretty potent, it will clear oil and soot build up from whatever it touches. My Navara runs a shed-tonne better having shock treated with a couple of cans at acquisition several thousand km's ago. I am continuing with a maintainance does prior to each oil change.

It is so strong I would avoid any overspray especially on exposed plastic/paint as it will affect it's appaerance or decompose the material.

After seeing an intake being removed and covered in SLUDGE, I would argue that it not do that much cleaning.

If you sprayed it in and let it sit there for a period of time it might be more effective, but as you are spraying while the engine is running, it's basically being sucked straight in and bypasses all the built up sludge.

Im sure it's good for maintenance - but on an engine with a few KM on it, I can't see it doing much at all.

Yeah mine took a heck of a lot of scraping, dunking and brushing in degreaser to clean but that was after 260k. Would be interested to see someone try the spray and then remove manifold. I would give it a go but that will be many years from now I hope! I should have the catch can and egr blanked before then anyway...

After seeing an intake being removed and covered in SLUDGE, I would argue that it not do that much cleaning.

If you sprayed it in and let it sit there for a period of time it might be more effective, but as you are spraying while the engine is running, it's basically being sucked straight in and bypasses all the built up sludge.

Im sure it's good for maintenance - but on an engine with a few KM on it, I can't see it doing much at all.

I should mention mine has 90,000km and so with many km's I can see the merit in physical intervention.

I wouldn't advise spraying it and leaving it sit for a while, that caused quite an alarming boom when I only sprayed a small amount before starting.

Latest posts

Back