D22 v6 petrol front diff in yd25 - ratios

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the evsta

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back drop of my questions are I'm looking to whack in an auto front diff locker and plonking 33" muddies on my lifted Nav.
Been keeping an eye out for a front diff from a petrol d22 to put in my yd25. I currently have 3.9:1 ratios and now I have an opportunity to grab another front diff from a petrol v6 but the ratio is 4.6:1.
My questions are;
Am I able to swap out the diff gears from my current diff for the diesel (3.9) so the diff from the petrol has a 3.9 ratio, and then use that? (Follow on question is, is there anything special I need to change like cv's to make the diff compatible?)
Or,
Am I better off getting another rear diff housing with a 4.6 ratio and swapping out both diffs so I'm running both at 4.6. (Follow on question, is this ratio too high for running 33's? Am I likey to be revving the tits off it and have no first gear?)

Any help and info greatly appreciated guys...
Cheers

your best bet is to swap the diff heads rather than the gears. changing the R&P is a major job.
rear head is easy to swap, front is a little tricky due to it being shimmed. it may need different shims.

For starters, the petrol diffs are larger, the front diff is an R200 assembly, rather than an R180.

You will also have to change over the CV's as they are 5 bolt instead of 6.

But the best reason is the ratio change allows for better acceleration once you have fitted the larger tyres, highway rpm speed is increased, but due to the increased rolling diameter, it's better suited.

I'd be sourcing a petrol rear diff too as it is also larger, and then you will have matching ratios, better suited to a larger tyre setup.

Latest posts

Back