Charging problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ct.eugen

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a nissan 2.5td d22 1999.
When i start the engine the alternator doesnt charge my battery.
After max 5 min sometimes after a little acceleration it start charging normaly.
I changed 3 alternators and the problem is the same...
Does anybody have any ideea? Or some wirring diagram for the charging system?
Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

They're built in, single units, alternator + regulator, directly connected to the battery (over here in Australia, at least - but I do not see why they'd do it differently over there).

I would check the belt to see if it's slipping. It does need to be fairly tight. Battery terminal voltage at idle after starting should be marginally over 14V.

How clean are the battery terminals? How old is the battery? If you charge the battery with a smart charger (CTek etc) and disconnect the charger, what is the voltage on the battery? What is the voltage after 4 hours? You might have a failing battery.

New battery, new conectors to the battery(because i already had some problems with starter because of them). I have read about some mitsubishi with similar problems that exist a specific relay responsable for this problem(not the inside alternator relay)..

how are you testing that its charging the battery?
most alternators do not put out much charge at idle. anything running in the ute (lights or radio) can use all the power the alt puts out.

the other one that catches people out is the alternator check light in the dash. make sure its the right size bulb and not an led.

Thank you for responds..
I solved the problem! I unscrewed almost all the grounds? (-) and put them back with vaseline. Even the engine changed his sound after i did this!
:rock:

Thank you for responds..
I solved the problem! I unscrewed almost all the grounds? (-) and put them back with vaseline. Even the engine changed his sound after i did this!
:rock:
nice find.

however i would clean off the vaseline and use antiseize instead.

Latest posts

Back