Shudder, vibration sound under load

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
Hey all, have had this issue since i got the car at 120k and have never worried about it. Its still no real big issue and it desent inpeed with the performance but after driving my mates new D22 ive started to realise how bad this noise is.
To describe it i would say its a noise more than a feeling through the gearbox/engine area. Its a shudder/vibration noise and is always evident when at low rpm when under load. I can make the noise when for example when i put the car in 2nd and the rpm is very low and i put my accelerator down, engine increases in rpm and noise slowly disappears. The vibration sound can be felt but very minimal. Noise appears to be coming from gear box back of motor area. Not sure if its internal, have checked my mounts and seem fine but car has done near 200k and mounts are still original, nuts and bolts seem tight underneath and all oils changed 5k ago.
Any thoughts lads would be great.

If it is only doing it at very low rpm I would say it is labouring. Try not letting the rpm get so low, these are only small motors so don't have a lot of torque in low rpm.

Thats again bods. Labouring is more than likely the issue but why would mine made a hell of alot more noise than my mates when i replicate the scenario?
If i let my car idle in 1st gear and creap along you can hear it and when i accelerate from that point it loudens till the engine hits approx 1500rpm. You still think labouring?

I guess it depends how many km on your mates one. Yours will obviously have a lot more wear and tear on it than a new one. You said you changed oil and filter 5k km ago, how long since the gearbox and transfer case oil have been changed?

It could be any number of things, plus you don't know what was done with it before you got it. I'd try changing all driveline (gearbox and diff) oils and see if it changes anything.

D40s also had issues with the metal clutch line from the master cylinder that runs down the firewall vibrating, so maybe have a look at that and the fuel lines that run along the firewall and make sure they are all secure and the mounts are intact.

Last edited:
Yeah all drive line oils were done 5k ago too. Thats intersting about the fuel and clutch lines on the d40, will climb under again and check them too and maybe heat protection shields. Your a good man bods, cheers.

I think your problem is a heat shield that may have come loose on the exhaust somewhere.
Have a look it could be that an easy fix.

Latest posts

Back