How do you drive on average ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you drive on Average ?

• Like Krafty (Like Gran driving to church).

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Put the foot down when needed.

Votes: 90 78.3%
  • Loaded up all the time.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Cops a flogging everytime I get in the drivers seat.

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
D

Dave

Was talking to a couple of Telstra guys the other day about there Ford Rangers and problems they have had.

The old blokes who drive like Krafty have had blown headgaskets and cracked heads, the younger blokes who drive them like they stole em haven't had hardly any problems.

So what problems have you had with your Navara's ?

Gee another poll from Dave, who'd have guessed?

I like chirping the tyres and hearing the exhaust so I give it plenty whenever I can.

I've never cracked a head and only ever blown a head gasket once in a 17 year old car. Trucks are a different barrel of monkeys but driving as slow as I do hasn't caused me any problems.

Hey no one else uses the Poll function.

I am only stirring you Krafty.

Rangers and BT50's seem to be prone for it.

I'm just standing up for my slow driving techniques, if I can annoy the bag out of just one driver on the road every day that I get in the car then I consider it a job well done

Just brought the old man a BT50 so I guess time will tell just how well they go when treated sedately.

I drive pretty slowly, but give it some every now & then. It dosent make it go that much quicker, but makes me feel like i'm doing all i can. get it into the sand and i give it heaps.

I drive fairly slow most of the time but can give it heaps when I need to (running late or overtaking ass holes)

:wavey: I'm usually that asshole you're passing, when Dave used me as an example he wasn't kidding I get over taken by snails.

I sit mostly on the speed limit, sometimes under if it's busy or wet or frosty. I'm only ever over the limit if I have to overtake someone which I don't do much.

I give it the boot when needed, granted that is a bit since its a QD32. Other than that i sit just above speed limit and dodge grandma drivers haha

I generally drive about 5 kms over the posted limit, except when I am on one of my work trips to Shepp or Mildura, when I go a bit quicker just to get there.

I generally drive about 5 kms over the posted limit, except when I am on one of my work trips to Shepp or Mildura, when I go a bit quicker just to get there.

Hi Bullwinkle, You know there,s no speed limit out this way. Be lucky to see a cop car twice in a year out here

Usually sit on or just over the speed limit, then give it a boot full when you get those people who don't like being over taken by a 4WD and try to speed up. let them see not all 4WD's are slow.

I generally sit on the speed limit. But if i am overtaken by a speeder i generally sit behind them so they get caught and not me :)

Also don't go over 2500rpm when changing gears. Once a week red line it to blow the cob webs out, the ZD30 loves being flogged, but i still think "patrol" when hurting her so i slow right down. Don't want a dead engine now :)

Brett

Limit + 5, n give er a sguirt regular. Neva hurt er tho. D40 08 auto n luv it,
Local Shire use the Ford n Olden 4x2 n 4, Mechanics telln me Hhhhheaps a drama's with em both.
Toy parts guy say's they have plenty probs as well. Manual trans 1 of em, ouch!!!
Gotta be 'lucky', me thinks!

I drive reasonably sanely ... but i know how to stick the boot in to overtake or to get around grandma drivers ...

I even did that last weekend with a 7x4 h/d trailer fully loaded with fire wood. (erm, no trailer brakes either). Would easily have gone 1t just for the load itself (plus trailer weight). I was following a 4.2td patrol up and down hills, and he was suprised that i was keeping up with him so easily.

Latest posts

Back