D40 Dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing the builds. I should have added, if I was to make one again I would use marine ply instead of craftwood for added strength, it's still ok though but that would be an improvement. I still have to find a way to secure the battery into the box when I find some time, coz in an accident the thing may go for a bit of a ride.

Looking forward to seeing the builds. I should have added, if I was to make one again I would use marine ply instead of craftwood for added strength, it's still ok though but that would be an improvement. I still have to find a way to secure the battery into the box when I find some time, coz in an accident the thing may go for a bit of a ride.

good job Arty and great thread.
for a temp solution pack the empty space with some foam to stop it moving around,

for a perm fix, there is many, you could fit the standard type bolt & bracket assy, use one or two of those straps with the adj buckles, some large cable ties.....

Looks awesome!

New to the forum and this was the first post that i came across for dual batteries.

now this could be a big ask as you posted this the good part of 2 years ago but do you still have any of the measurements/dimensions for that box?

Looks awesome!

New to the forum and this was the first post that i came across for dual batteries.

now this could be a big ask as you posted this the good part of 2 years ago but do you still have any of the measurements/dimensions for that box?

Have a look on the previous page, I have a diagram with some measurements of the box.

Hi Onlock, how did you go with your battery box i like the look of it, how does it bolt down to the tray

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353763653.866523.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353763689.398492.jpgherees some of mine

we have a dual cab with a soft top, i dont wont to lose use of to much of the tray, i like the idea of having on the side, with enough room for a snatch strap shackles n crap in the box aswell, i like the look of your set up mike with the hard top, if we go down that path it will prob be in a wagon as the missus hates canopies, and with 2 kids we need plenty of space out back to put all the crap

Last edited:
we have a dual cab with a soft top, i dont wont to lose use of to much of the tray, i like the idea of having on the side, with enough room for a snatch strap shackles n crap in the box aswell, i like the look of your set up mike with the hard top, if we go down that path it will prob be in a wagon as the missus hates canopies, and with 2 kids we need plenty of space out back to put all the crap

My thoughts were build it now under the hard cover so when I get a canopy I have ample space

Hey mate was just wondering where you got your custom made box done up at? are you local in Brisbane?

Pro job, looks awesome. I put mine under the tray in an alloy box that I got custom made to suit, was a shitfight of a job.
I saw some drawers in a van once that had the slide made from unistrut (plumbers & sparkies use for brackets) with the rollers being ball bearings.
Would be overkill for a fridge slide but something along those lines would work.
I'm ducking into a custom 4x4/tradesmans drawers shop on prob monday night about something else, i'll ask what he has while i'm there

I have just finished fitting my second battery in the engine of my d40 wasnt easy but i got there, i want to keep all that gear in the engine bay, ill add pics to my garage in the next day or so but it involved alot of mods to the the air intake which isn't completed as yet its next on the list

I'm not overly handy when it comes to building things, but I got a quote from ARB... Hodl on to yours hats... $2200...

My friendly Auto Elec quoted the same system for $1200 (phone price).

Something to do with needing a DC-DC charger or something?

Hi Old Tony ... Is that diameter ok if running 5 metres or so to the tray? I thought 6B&S was recommended?

Hi Old Tony ... Is that diameter ok if running 5 metres or so to the tray? I thought 6B&S was recommended?

I had six meters made up of the 6B&S, I tried to see what voltage drop i had once installed and could barely see any, maybe .1 but i was using a cheapy multimeter which probably isnt to accurate

Latest posts

Back