Late model d40 fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDY88

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I have a alloy tray back d40 fuel can with arb deluxe bar, Achilles XMT Mud terrains (265/70/17), just under 20,000k's on the clock. With both maintenance services done.
I've cleaned out MAF sensor and ran desiel fuel cleaner through the system, and struggled to get high 10's/100km @ 105 kph without a head wind on flat highway during mid day qld Sun.

Does anyone have similar results?..

while ive heard of a few getting better ive heard of some getting a lot worse. mines a 2007 and i get around 11.5/100 i got alloy tray steel bar winch steel rims l/r tank and a small water tank duel batt's roof racks so theres a fair bit of extra weight

Going against the head wind, I was pretty much getting a lot worse 12's to even 13 at some stages.. just couldn't believe it.. I was running vortex diesel as well..

Since then I've had another service done, reset ecu and fuel pump and I'm about to block the EGR this week.. but I'm yet to do a highway run.

what exhaust and hot pipe do u have, just stock. do ur egr blank and fit a catch can. they will improve it a little by letting it run a bit cleaner

My old 07 auto if I stuck to 100-105kmph I could get low 10's on the open road. With my new 12 auto at the same speed I get low 9's.
Both utes are setup the same with nudge bar, A/T 17" Bridgestones, ARB canopy and all my tools in a sliding drawer. Total vehicle weight coming in at 2.9 ton with half a tank of fuel.

Hey mate I get about9.5 running around town and as low as 7.5 on the highway.
Mine is a 2012 d40 550 motor, dual cab and canopy. I have heard about the same from a mate, his doesn't have a canopy tho

Hey mate, 2013 ST auto with the 2.5td. 2"lift,steel tray,steel bullbar,underbody bash plates, 265/70/17 cooper st maxx and I comfortly get 11.3 around town. Weigh bridge told me I was at about 2.6 tonnes!!!

Updated to a Titanium 6spd manual Dual cab, stock exhaust, factory rims and tyres, so far,, But on day 1 of getting it home the EGR blank plate went on and a Catch can also swapped out the air cleaner to a K&N one,, Got 12500 K,s on the clock and town running is at 8.3 and the highway it gets 7.1,, Fairly happy so far

Latest posts

Back