Interior Light Upgrade (4 doors)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
Just installed 3 switches that allow the interior light to active when any of the cab doors are open. Cost $30 plus $33 for a fire extinguisher (I thought why not for that price). Installed original rubbers on the car over the switch (looks factory and beats $150!). I splice from the original driver door wire and ran the leads through the pillar and under the carpet. It is a bit fiddly but definately worth the mod! Took me 3 hours (my first attempt at wiring).
Cheers, Matty.

Rear driver door light switch

This switch uses the original rubber over the top of the switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 221
Yep, haven't had them since they went to thailand... my 2010 didn't have them either. Got switches off ebay for about 13 bucks each from memory...

Maybe it was that cheap, not sure now. Had them in for ages. The rubber boots are shit quality though and have pretty much fallen apart, but oh well

^^second that on the $#!t rubbers. Mine have all fallen apart bar the original one. Get what you pay for hay.

Interesting... I have a 2010 ST thai build and it has factory switches on all four doors. Seems a bit of a random thing to leave out at manufacture

Doh just realised this is a D22 thread.

Yep, haven't had them since they went to thailand... my 2010 didn't have them either. Got switches off ebay for about 13 bucks each from memory...

2008 jap build here and doesn't have them. Maybe dropped them when they went to the yd25?

Ah fair enough. Yeah, could be. Maybe after they stopped building them when the zd30 went, they wanted to find ways to cut costs lmao

Latest posts

Back